Husky Sports Roundup, September 25th, 2011 | The Boneyard

Husky Sports Roundup, September 25th, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For the full post, see here. This contains all the facts and some analysis, but if you want it all read the original post. As I've said, if you feel I should be including more (or less) of the original content here, let me know. It's just that some of you want the facts and not lengthy analysis. For those who like the lengthy analysis, I do too. That's what my blog is for. I'm just trying to get a consensus of what you like so I determine how much to cut out when I post it here.

Football: The Huskies defeated the Buffalo Bulls yesterday 17-3 to improve to 2-2 on the season. Johnny McEntee finally came through in a game, going 12-21 for 213 yards and throwing two touchdowns. Unfortunately, the game was not viewable on SNY due to the Mets’ doubleheader, so nobody could watch it in the area. The Huskies are home next Saturday at 3:30 to face Western Michigan.
Men’s Soccer: In front of a sold-out crowd of over 5,000 fans at Morrone Stadium, the Huskies defeated the #12 St. John’s Red Storm 2-0. The contes remained scoreless for the first 73 minutes, and many Husky fans feared the two rivals would battle to a scoreless draw again. Allando Matheson scored at 73:17 though to put the Huskies up 1-0. With 37 seconds to go in the contest, Mamadou Doudou Diouf did what he’s been doing all season, scoring a goal to put the Huskies up 2-0 and send the Red Storm home packing. Additionally, expect the Huskies to be #1 when the polls come out, thanks to the Maryland draw to Seton Hall. Our first chance to defend our number 1 ranking is Wednesday at 7:30 PM as we host in-state rival Yale. On Saturday, October 1 we have our biggest road test of the year, traveling to face Louisville. The Cardinals were ranked #3 in the country but lost to Notre Dame last night. The Cardinals don’t want to start 0-2 in the Big East, so they will come out firing on all cylinders. Additionally, I could see the Yale game as a “trap game" for us. Just saying it could happen. Not that it will.
Field Hockey: The Huskies rolled to victory against Providence yesterday, 4-0. Chloe Hunnable scored a hat trick. The Huskies are 2-0 in Big East play and 7-1 overall. The polls come out today, but the #4 ranking will likely not change.
Women’s Soccer: The Huskies host Cincinnati at 1:00 PM today. Video is available on Huskies All-Access. Next weekend is big for the Huskies. A nationally televised game at Notre Dame at 7:30 PM on Friday, September 30th will air on ESPNU. And on Sunday the 2nd, they’ll be at DePaul at 2:00 PM.
Women’s Volleyball: The Huskies travel to Louisville to face the top-tier Cardinals this afternoon at 2:00 PM. Stream status on Louisville’s website is unclear. Some places says it’s there, others say it’s not. Gametracker will be live at game time for sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom