Husky Love and Anxiety | The Boneyard

Husky Love and Anxiety

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Like many of you, I am very twitchy about tonight's game. One minute I want it on NOW, the next I am fretful with what-ifs.

Which made me think about something that I would have once found amazing....that I care so much about the UCWBB team.

When my husband and I moved to CT just in time for the 1st NC season, we were from a big city where the only teams that mattered were pro teams -see Bulls, Bears, Cubs (ok, but they were "our lovable losers").

Then on to Boston - see Red Sox and Celtics, etc.

We stumbled on the Huskies, and were intrigued. Then we were really interested. Then we were hooked.

We watched on CPTV and listened on WTIC. Our first game at Gampel in 2000 (gifted with tix), we were like stunned tourists in a Sistine Chapel of women's basketball. WOW! This is the place where it all began, and kept going, and going....

Finally we were able to become season tix holders for XL in 2005 (postD, when seats were once again available...)Then tix at Gampel some years. Bought our first team gear ever (had never cared enough to buy for any pro team).Now we look like everyone else at the games.

There have been incredible seasons, great seasons, pretty good seasons since then. I have never been disappointed by their effort, but there have been times when I have been disappointed for them. They have given us way more enjoyment and happiness than I ever expected we could get from a sports team. They help get us thru the long CT winters. They give me a hot topic at work that I can discuss with my co-workers (one of two teams we can all enjoy together).

They have, over all these years, been a team of good talented kids who leave as accomplished young women. They are a team we can always be proud of. They leave it all out on the floor.
(Thank you Geno, and CD!)

I believe we can win tonight. I believe the chase for 8 continues thru a victorious Tuesday. But I am still nervous. And I couldn't quit them if I tried.

Thanks for listening....

Reaction Score
Like many of you, I am very twitchy about tonight's game. One minute I want it on NOW, the next I am fretful with what-ifs.

Which made me think about something that I would have once found amazing....that I care so much about the UCWBB team.

When my husband and I moved to CT just in time for the 1st NC season, we were from a big city where the only teams that mattered were pro teams -see Bulls, Bears, Cubs (ok, but they were "our lovable losers").

Then on to Boston - see Red Sox and Celtics, etc.

We stumbled on the Huskies, and were intrigued. Then we were really interested. Then we were hooked.

We watched on CPTV and listened on WTIC. Our first game at Gampel in 2000 (gifted with tix), we were like stunned tourists in a Sistine Chapel of women's basketball. WOW! This is the place where it all began, and kept going, and going....

Finally we were able to become season tix holders for XL in 2005 (postD, when seats were once again available...)Then tix at Gampel some years. Bought our first team gear ever (had never cared enough to buy for any pro team).Now we look like everyone else at the games.

There have been incredible seasons, great seasons, pretty good seasons since then. I have never been disappointed by their effort, but there have been times when I have been disappointed for them. They have given us way more enjoyment and happiness than I ever expected we could get from a sports team. They help get us thru the long CT winters. They give me a hot topic at work that I can discuss with my co-workers (one of two teams we can all enjoy together).

They have, over all these years, been a team of good talented kids who leave as accomplished young women. They are a team we can always be proud of. They leave it all out on the floor.
(Thank you Geno, and CD!)

I believe we can win tonight. I believe the chase for 8 continues thru a victorious Tuesday. But I am still nervous. And I couldn't quit them if I tried.

Thanks for listening....
A true masterpiece.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Post of the day...no of the year! great story and thank you for sharing

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I've been feeling scared/anxious....any jittery felling you can think of. I'm recording it.....I think I'm too anxious to watch it live, lol

Go Huskies!!!!

Reaction Score
The fact that I am watching the first game and am not even thinking about what I am seeing is an indication that I can't get my mind off of tonights game and the nerves.

Reaction Score
Wonderful post, ChicagoGG ... expresses exactly how I feel, too !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom