Husky Highlights | The Boneyard

Husky Highlights

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A Boneyarders that posts primarily on the men’s board, @Storrs South , posts Husky highlights daily on Twitter. While there are clips of the women’s team, like the one below, he‘s trying to build up his catalog of moments by the women. Can you help?

I can think of a few immediately: Sue Bird’s buzzer beater vs ND in the Big East final (2001), Maya stealing the ball and passing to Ketia for the winning basket at DePaul (3/1/08), Diana’s backwards overhead pass to Jess Moore (3/29/04), and Diana hitting the turnaround three to force Tennessee into OT (1/3/03). What others great plays should we suggest?

Reaction Score
Thank you all in advance for any recommendations. I have some of the more obvious candidates like Bird at the Buzzer, Taurasi punching the stancheon (spelling?), or Paige's winner v. Tennessee and South Carolina last year, Ducharme's winner this season, and the closing seconds of all 11 National Championships well covered and some others. If I had to guess I probably have about 50 or so WBB clips and of course there are way more than that so appreciate the help with this.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I don't have a separate link, but "The Pass" by Taurasi to Crockett late in the Texas game (2003?) is possibly my single favorite play ever.

I also nominate Stewie running coast to coast to block a layup by a Rutgers player. I think that was Stewie's sophomore year but maybe freshman.

It's not a single play, but Stewie blocking three shots in one trip down the court was Wonder Woman writ live.

Reaction Score
I have about 200 saved videos of my favorite plays saved on my iPad from 1997-2016. Diana’s bullet pass against Texas towards the end from half court in the final four, Svetas winning shot against Rutgers, sue birds pass from the floor against wake forest, literally anything Moriah did against South Carolina in the 2015 matchup come to mind. I have too manyyyy

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Got to add in Gardler fixing her hair and then draining a 3, Heather Buck break away steal and bucket, and Polido's final bucket for the championship. And of course a personal favorite Swin's brilliant rebound and put back of a missed free throw ... in the other teams basket.

Plenty of MoJeff favorites as well - decleating the SC guard, brilliant reverse layup, and monster block.

Reaction Score
I would like the following shots to be considered:

In the 2003 championship game (against Tennessee, of course) Diana made a left handed shot while falling out of bounds at the baseline (I.e. she was behind the backboard ala Larry Bird). This shot is on YouTube and can be googled.

Diana made a three-quarter court bomb just before half time. That shot can also be googled and as I recall is also on YouTube.

The last shot I am thinking of is what I always referred to as $&@ Y#% shot against Tennessee. However, I haven’t found it yet on line. As I recall Diana was getting jostled pretty hard by the Tennessee players just before the shot (she reminded me of a pinball bouncing off several bumpers). After the shot went in she said something that looked like you know what. When I googled that shot a different basketball moment came up. Anyone remember the shot I am thinking of?

Reaction Score
Thank you all in advance for any recommendations. I have some of the more obvious candidates like Bird at the Buzzer, Taurasi punching the stancheon (spelling?), or Paige's winner v. Tennessee and South Carolina last year, Ducharme's winner this season, and the closing seconds of all 11 National Championships well covered and some others. If I had to guess I probably have about 50 or so WBB clips and of course there are way more than that so appreciate the help with this.

The only thing that clip reminds me of is Shea and Svet both missing due to injury, and Shea tore her ACL again in that very game

Reaction Score
Add Taurasi against Oklahoma in 2002 when she went 1 on 1 with a good Oklahoma defender, backing defender down and finally getting around her, making the shot and in process getting foul #5 on Oklahoma's wonder scorer Stacey Dales. Here is the Youtube video, if it doesn't play at the right spot, go to 1:45 left in game. Oklahoma was coming back and playing tough, this put the final nail in the coffin for them.

Reaction Score
1999 vs Rutgers.. Last couple of minutes, including Svetlana's game-winner.
Hmm.. Does her fiery demeanor remind anyone else of a certain, current Husky guard?

Reaction Score
Jen’s steal and breakaway near the end of the ‘95 NC. Sorry not to be tech literate enough to post.

And KML vs. South Carolina at Gampel in 2015…2nd half. Tiffany Mitchell grabs Kaleena’s arm. KML shakes her off, Mitchell hits the deck, and Kaleena hits the 3. Same game : Mo‘s 1st half drive where she “breaks the ankle” of the defender (Cuevas ?).

Reaction Score
There's also gotta be something of Maya Moore. Also of MoJeff. Such fun players to watch!

Reaction Score
1999 vs Rutgers.. Last couple of minutes, including Svetlana's game-winner.
Hmm.. Does her fiery demeanor remind anyone else of a certain, current Husky guard?

Oh absolutely. There must be something in the water in that part of the world ;)

Reaction Score
UConn vs. Louisville, 1:48 mark. Gabby Williams showing off that incredible vertical with steal and score.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom