Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Game 2 - JIMOLLIE

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The biggest mystery to me is Alex Oriakhi not being picked in either draft. I get that people are upset over his fallout here but he could have very easily been named final four MOP.

Reaction Score
The biggest mystery to me is Alex Oriakhi not being picked in either draft. I get that people are upset over his fallout here but he could have very easily been named final four MOP.

I agree with Champs. It's crazy Ray Allen slipped to #8 in the draft. I can't think of any universe where he should be the 8th pick in the draft. Funny thing is if this draft was done by a non-UConn fan Ray goes #1 every time.

Also think AO needs to get drafted. He definitely rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, but I can't think of 8 centers better than AO given he was a main piece in bringing us a championship.

By the way I think these mock drafts are one of the best things we do on the boneyard.

Reaction Score
That's a good point - was thinking about it, but wasn't sure if transfers were eligible.

Reaction Score
That's a good point - was thinking about it, but wasn't sure if transfers were eligible.

And then there is the issue of whether we are drafting these players at their peaks or based on the entirety of their careers. Last year, when I ran it, it was the former, so I guess I just assumed it was the same this year. Oriakhi definitely loses points for the way his junior year unfolded, but if we hold this draft right after the 2011 season, I bet he goes third round.

Reaction Score
Also, are we to disregard NBA career, or does that play a factor?

Reaction Score
It has to play a factor, right? Otherwise how can guys who leave early be properly evaluated. Ex: Rudy Gay only played 2 years but is considered a top player at UConn because of his NBA success. He average 15.2, 6 and 2 his soph year. By no means top statistical numbers for UConn players. But was drafted in the lottery, had freak athleticism and a high ceiling. Stix averaged 15 and 8 his senior year. Does that make Stix better? Hell freakin no

Reaction Score
And then there is the issue of whether we are drafting these players at their peaks or based on the entirety of their careers. Last year, when I ran it, it was the former, so I guess I just assumed it was the same this year. Oriakhi definitely loses points for the way his junior year unfolded, but if we hold this draft right after the 2011 season, I bet he goes third round.
Right or not, in these sort of contests, where the results are determined based on a public vote, there's going to be some degree of pandering. Oriakhi was a 5-star recruit and a key part of a championship team, but many people do not have fond memories of him.

Considerations should be given to an NBA career in the sense that it gives us greater perspective of how talented the player really was. You don't get into the NBA unless you're truly one of the best in the world. All other things equal, I'd give an edge to the guy with NBA experience.

Reaction Score
As for NBA career, I think it's interesting. What credit do we give players who were excellent in college, but sup-par in the pros? Or weak in college and great in the pros?

Every voter is different, so part of the drafting process is a gamble on how they will remember a player.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Wish I knew that when I drafted... Woulsnt have taken Thabeet, lamb, freeman, and giffey...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom