Huskies visited Newtown today | The Boneyard

Huskies visited Newtown today

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
"Im sure the national media will take time out to congratulate UConn for such a gesture"- No One.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
"Im sure the national media will take time out to congratulate UConn for such a gesture"- No One.

You're such a gem. 20 kids are murdered and you're whining that UConn isn't getting love from the media. I would hope this isn't a PR stunt.

Reaction Score
I know the circumstances are tragic, but Ollie is certainly making a mark on this team. He is takings the reigns irrespective of his future. He liked Calhoun is making men out of boys.

Very impressive gesture and demonstration of State unity. He's about action not words.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
You're such a gem. 20 kids are murdered and you're whining that UConn isn't getting love from the media. I would hope this isn't a PR stunt.

It's not about it being a friggin pr stunt, its about saying they did a great thing.

Reaction Score

You're right. The Huskies will probably be hit with an NCAA violation, and skewered in the national media.

Reaction Score
I hope that the basketball team left Newtown with a new perspective on life and living everyday to its fullest. Out of tragedy comes a new outlook about how life presents challenges and opportunities to use your talents for good.

I hope they leave Newtown knowing full well that they are looked upon to lead and make the correct decisions, even through adversity. Live life knowing you may be looked to at a moment's notice to be the help or advocate for someone else.

I hope this team left Newtown understanding that true sacrifice of those teachers for their children means that no matter the fatigue they feel or the anger they have with a call or situation, they wear that ribbon on their uniform which means they represent more than themselves.

I hope more than anything that the team does not give up at any point in this season. The community of Newtown/Sandy Hook is not giving up, the state of Connecticut has remained steadfast, and this nation has shown its spirit in honoring the victims and heroes. UConn won't give up on Newtown.

Reaction Score
I grew up in Newtown and graduated from UConn in 1988. My brother attended the Sandy Hook Elementary School and my parents still live in that elementary school district. This is just an unbelievable tragedy that literally brought me to tears the day after it occurred. I think it actually took that long to really hit me as I think I was in shock on the Friday that it happened.

The show of support throughout Newtown, Connecticut, the United States and the entire world has been absolutely amazing. It is really refreshing to see so many people do something positive in the wake of this terrible tragedy. I am proud of KO, JC and the entire team for doing what they can to help show support to a community that has been impacted like this. My thoughts and prayers are with all of those who were directly and indirectly impacted by this senseless tragedy. While nothing will ever bring back those young children, it is certainly wonderful to see the team doing what it can to bring a little joy to a community that has been through an unthinkable ordeal. KO and I just happen to live in the same town (Glastonbury). I hope I get the opportunity to personally thank him at some point.

Reaction Score
What.....but Newtown isn't even is UConn's DMA. UConn is only supposed to stay within the Hartford-New Haven DMA. Fairfield County belongs to Rutgers and Syracuse.

Obviously being sarcastic.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Nice gesture by UConn and hopefully the kids enjoyed themselves yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom