Huskies Tavern opening a Downtown Hartford location (@103 Pratt St) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Huskies Tavern opening a Downtown Hartford location (@103 Pratt St)

Reaction Score
As a place to eat, sure. As a place to be packed like sardines with 20 somethings drinking beer on Friday and Saturday night, I really doubt it. Civic Pub was awesome because every weekend we saw the same faces we saw at Ted's and Huskies for the most part. It was a college bar in all but location.
Let's not forget that Civic Pub had Yogi who played a mean belt.

But I do like Black Eyed Sally's as well. Good food and music. Love the sign "I'm not drunk, I'm just drinking" in the lavatory.

Reaction Score
I liked the beer but the Nachos were especially good. Like wings, there's a lot of bad nachos out there.
So, are you a cheese sauce guy or a no cheese sauce guy? That seems to be the big differentiator among nacho fans these days.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So, are you a cheese sauce guy or a no cheese sauce guy? That seems to be the big differentiator among nacho fans these days.
It was their "beer nachos" so it's kind of a mix. I liked that there was plenty of it so that there was enough for the chips on the bottom.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Shortcut <<

->An expansion of Huskies Tavern — a staple of the University of Connecticut in Storrs — into downtown Hartford seems a natural, with the university’s basketball and ice hockey teams regularly locked in contests at the XL Center.

But managing partners — brothers Dan and Will Prokop — know it won’t be the same as running a restaurant and bar on the UConn campus. “It’s going to be a lot different than what we are used to, obviously,” Dan Prokop said during a recent tour of the space across Trumbull Street from the arena. “There’s always a good number of alumni working and living in the area. We say, ‘Hey, remember us?’ ”

The Prokops hope the sports bar and restaurant, at the corner of Pratt and Trumbull streets, will be open in time for conference play in the next college basketball season. The brothers — partners in the business since 2008 and both UConn graduates — see a market to be tapped in downtown that goes well beyond the obvious game days and other events at XL. <-

-> Plans call for a 32-seat bar, two mezzanine spaces overlooking the lower level. The entire length of storefronts would look out onto Pratt and Trumbull streets. The idea is to connect the tavern visually with the street and the XL Center. Dan Prokop said the sports bar will not be exclusively devoted to UConn but also other Hartford teams, including Yard Goats baseball, Wolf Pack hockey, Hartford Athletic soccer and even a nod to the long-gone Hartford Whalers. <-

Reaction Score
Let's not forget that Civic Pub had Yogi who played a mean belt.

But I do like Black Eyed Sally's as well. Good food and music. Love the sign "I'm not drunk, I'm just drinking" in the lavatory.
Yogi was still alive and doing his thing up until
a couple years ago. I saw a post on Facebook from someone on him. LOL

Reaction Score
The Prokops hope the sports bar and restaurant, at the corner of Pratt and Trumbull streets, will be open in time for conference play in the next college basketball season. This year that was December 20th. And the way construction projects have a way of dragging, I'm thinking a year from March.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom