Huskies Release Full 2018-19 Women’s Hoops Schedule | The Boneyard

Huskies Release Full 2018-19 Women’s Hoops Schedule

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Head coach Geno Auriemma and the UConn women's basketball team announced its complete 2018-19 schedule Thursday. The Huskies, who finished 2017-18 ranked No. 1 in RPI, will once again face one of the toughest slates.

The nonconference slate features 13 games, including eight against opponents who competed in the NCAA Tournament. UConn will face four nonconference teams who finished 2017-18 in the USA Today Coaches Poll top 10: No. 1 Notre Dame, No. 4 Louisville, No. 6 South Carolina and No. 9 Baylor.

UConn kicks off the American Athletic Conference schedule on the road against Houston on Jan. 6, following a brief stop in Waco to play Baylor on Jan 3. The Huskies will compete in 16 conference games, concluding at USF on ESPN2's Big Monday on March 4.

The sixth American Athletic Conference Tournament will be held March 8-11 at Mohegan Sun Arena. UConn holds an 86-0 record in regular season American games and has won the last five conference titles. The conference schedulers like pitting UConn against USF to finish the season.

[Link]

Last edited by a moderator:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Thanks for covering while I was doing errands @Scoop ;) Full UConn Women's Basketball 2018-19 Schedule Released, Here's What You Need To Know

upload_2018-9-20_13-48-59.png

This pix could be a Caption This: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun ...Apparently Not! I have always been struck by the absolute intensity and focus of the best in WCBB giving their all.

Last edited:

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Looking forward to it, especially happy with 7 home games between January 9 and February 11.

DePaul, South Carolina and USF are all top 25 teams, although pre-season ESPN poll has them at 14, 15 and 19. DePaul is always a hoot, hearkening back to the Bo Kimble-Hank Gathers teams at Loyola Marymount. USF has closed the gap somewhat from the chasm it used to be, but it is still pretty wide. I don`t know much about South Carolina in the post-Aja era, but we are about to find out.

Conversely, road games with ND, Louisville and Baylor, all pre-season top 5 teams. Which is great, because it is all about preparing for the Big Dance.

Also good that many of the road trips kill two birds with one stone, such as Baylor and Houston.

Circle calendar for March 2, Houston at Gampel, Senior Day for Lou and Napheesa.

Reaction Score
. . . Also good that many of the road trips kill two birds with one stone, such as Baylor and Houston. . . .

I always plan my trip to Florida to visit my niece to coincide with either the UCF or USF game.
It would be nice for me (and UConn's travel budget) if they would schedule those two road games
back to back.

Reaction Score
Does L’ville have a chance JAN 31? Best chance they’ve had going into a game against UConn in recent memory. It was never a game last year and were totally shell shocked when it counted outscored 26-4 out of the gate. It’s at the Yum and no Azura, Gabby or Kia to guard Durr. There’s a chance this time.
Last year I picked UConn by 18. Think they won by 11. That game experience will serve the Cards well for this next round. Walz is something like 0-15 verse Geno. It’s time .

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Does L’ville have a chance JAN 31? Best chance they’ve had going into a game against UConn in recent memory. It was never a game last year and were totally shell shocked when it counted outscored 26-4 out of the gate. It’s at the Yum and no Azura, Gabby or Kia to guard Durr. There’s a chance this time.
Last year I picked UConn by 18. Think they won by 11. That game experience will serve the Cards well for this next round. Walz is something like 0-15 verse Geno. It’s time .

I don’t think so...Walz has never won, let alone made a game competitive vs Geno. Louisville traditionally has been a streaky program. They’ll go on a great title game run and then underperform the following year. Last year was by far Walz’s best coaching effort, but I’m not sure he can duplicate his success. UCONN wins by 15 easily.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom