Huskies on NFL rosters | The Boneyard

Huskies on NFL rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm truly floored that Zach Hurd isn't on a roster somewhere. I thought he had the size, the feet and the speed to have a good length NFL career.

Reaction Score
Seems we place Darius Butler on Carolina's roster ... but we missed Robert McClain moving on.

Reaction Score
hate to say it, but this list shrunk considerably

thats the NFL for you, amazing how all the guys on that list are from the Burton Facility era, wonder if Danny O will find a team. Sad to say that Donald Brown, Cody Brown, Butler, Fincher are all busts, I consider anyone drafted from the 3rd round up who never lived up to expectations busts. Branch has been our best Uconn alum by far he should be a 2 time pro bowler. Beatty I think has the biggest upside.

Reaction Score
We just got started. Coach P has NFL connects. And he is also sociable. Unlike someone else we had around.

Reaction Score
We just got started. Coach P has NFL connects. And he is also sociable. Unlike someone else we had around.
You really think that is the reason UConn doesn't have more guys in the NFL? We had 4 guys selected in the first 2 rounds a couple years ago.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Alfred Fincher was one of my all-time favorite Huskies and I thought he was going to have a nice NFL career. He kicked around for a few years but is now out of football at 28. I was curious as to where he is so I Googled him and got his wikipedia entry which is pasted below. He is now a fisherman in the Bahamas. Strange the turns life takes.

"Alfred William Fincher (born August 15, 1983 in Norwood, Massachusetts) is an American football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the New Orleans Saints in the third round of the 2005 NFL Draft. He played college football at Connecticut.
Fincher has also been a member of the Detroit Lions, Washington Redskins, and New York Sentinels.

Fincher now works as a fisherman in the Bahamas with ex-Connecticut teammate and NFL prospect Deon McPhee."

Reaction Score
Alfred Fincher was one of my all-time favorite Huskies and I thought he was going to have a nice NFL career. He kicked around for a few years but is now out of football at 28. I was curious as to where he is so I Googled him and got his wikipedia entry which is pasted below. He is now a fisherman in the Bahamas. Strange the turns life takes.

"Alfred William Fincher (born August 15, 1983 in Norwood, Massachusetts) is an American football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the New Orleans Saints in the third round of the 2005 NFL Draft. He played college football at Connecticut.
Fincher has also been a member of the Detroit Lions, Washington Redskins, and New York Sentinels.

Fincher now works as a fisherman in the Bahamas with ex-Connecticut teammate and NFL prospect Deon McPhee."

I can think of worse things than hang'n in the Bahamas!

Reaction Score
Would say it's too soon to call ALL those guys busts. Sometimes it's just a matter of gaining NFL experience, and the right fit with the right team, right coaching, etc.

Reaction Score
it is too soon as of now those guys are busts but they are in the NFL, hope they saved up that money unlike some of these athletes do, and end their career without major injuries. Thats crazy that Finch is a fisherman in the Bahamas he was the guy I was thought would have a solid career, but it is what it is most NFL careers end at age 26.

Reaction Score
thats the NFL for you, amazing how all the guys on that list are from the Burton Facility era, wonder if Danny O will find a team. Sad to say that Donald Brown, Cody Brown, Butler, Fincher are all busts, I consider anyone drafted from the 3rd round up who never lived up to expectations busts. Branch has been our best Uconn alum by far he should be a 2 time pro bowler. Beatty I think has the biggest upside.
I wouldn't call Butler a bust just yet. Sometimes moving to another team really sparks up a player's career. Donald Brown has to get it going though. A third year first round pick should not be fighting with a 4th round rookie for the backup position to a running back who is injured often and peaked 3 years ago.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't know if I'd call Fincher a bust. He was a third round pick and struggled with getting dinged up getting out of the gate.

Teams that pick running backs in the first round are making huge mistakes. Brown has been terrible in Indy and they can't get him carries because he can't handle the blocking schemes. Even when they gave him the ball he was clearly outplayed by Addai and Hart.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Lloyd is on the Eagles practice squad, he isn't reflected on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom