Huskies in the Summer League | The Boneyard

Huskies in the Summer League

Reaction Score
Thought we could have a thread on UConn players in this years Summer League.

Obviously Bouk is on Charlotte. I saw that Jalen is on the Raptors roster and Amida is on the Pacer’s roster.

Has anyone seen any other Huskies that have made rosters?

Reaction Score
I skimmed the rosters here and didn't see anyone else, unless you want to count Steve Enoch for the Bucks. Obviously some of these are incomplete though. Hope Christian Vital makes a roster, unless he is overseas somewhere. Summer league rosters: Who's playing where
I’m still confused about what happened with CV and Memphis G-League last year. It was announced that he joined the team, and I know for a fact that he was in the bubble with the team, but he didn’t play a single minute and wasn’t even listed on the official roster.

I have no clue how he was in the bubble with them but never made it on the roster after it was announced he signed with them

Hopefully he gets another shot at it this year.

Edit: Wondering if it was maybe something injury or physical related? I think it was Dave Borges who wrote that he was waived from the team, but that doesn’t make sense to me because he was in the bubble with them the whole time, so I don’t have a straight answer on that

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m still confused about what happened with CV and Memphis G-League last year. It was announced that he joined the team, and I know for a fact that he was in the bubble with the team, but he didn’t play a single minute and wasn’t even listed on the official roster.

I have no clue how he was in the bubble with them but never made it on the roster after it was announced he signed with them

Hopefully he gets another shot at it this year.

Edit: Wondering if it was maybe something injury or physical related? I think it was Dave Borges who wrote that he was waived from the team, but that doesn’t make sense to me because he was in the bubble with them the whole time, so I don’t have a straight answer on that
If I recall correctly, CV was signed / waived so Memphis could retain some kind of rights over him - maybe to be able to sign him back to their Summer League team in the future? I don't know exactly how these things work, but I recall a specific reason they signed and waived him in a 1 day span.

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, CV was signed / waived so Memphis could retain some kind of rights over him - maybe to be able to sign him back to their Summer League team in the future? I don't know exactly how these things work, but I recall a specific reason they signed and waived him in a 1 day span.
Yes I don’t really know how the contracts work either, but I remember what you’re talking about.

I thought that whole thing was the Grizzlies signed him and waived him so he could play with the Memphis Hustle (g-league) and still get the signing bonus or something like that. I could be dead wrong on that though i’m really unsure about the entire process

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Didn’t see it but looks like Jalen had a solid performance in limited minutes for the Raptors tonight. 10 pts in 12 min on 50% shooting including a couple 3s

Reaction Score
Steven Enoch had 15 points for the Bucks last night against the Nets
I saw Enoch's name and did a double take, I would have put his tenure at UConn 8 years ago or longer. Didn't Calhoun recruit him?!

Bouk so far is famous for getting clamped down by DMitchell whose nickname is Offnight doubly apropos in this instance.
I didn't love Bouk's line, 4/11, 1/5 on threes, 2 boards 1 assist and 5 TO's.
I read some analysis on Bouk, but rarely was his negative assist to TO ratio mentioned directly. We know he can & will score in the NBA, but he really needs to tighten his handle and learn to pass. For example too often he over-dribbles too much one-on-one and if it doesn't work out he fumbles the ball or throws away a bailout pass. Assist to turnover should be the first stat Bouk and his coaches look at after every single game. I suspect he'll have a rookie year much like his frosh year at UConn, some spectacular plays and glimpses with lower than expecting scoring. He did not fully develop and learn how to get to his spots & make 'must score' plays in winning time at UConn.

Reaction Score
I feel like I need to show that clip of Mitchell locking him up to every guard I coach for the rest of my career. Just a masterclass performance on D.

Reaction Score
Bouk not looking great, that being said it’s only summer league.
That being said, he definitely seems to look like someone who’s used to playing very ball dominant. Doesn’t seem to seamlessly fit into the flow of the offense when he doesn’t have the ball.

edit: slow start playing much better now

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Much better 3Q for Bouk. Getting other people involved, looking more engaged. 3 assists and a wide open 3 and dunk that his teammates missed. Just hit a stepback 3. Then beat his man a couple times for layups.

Seems afraid or unwilling to take 3s off the catch though. Got a couple mostly open ones and instead caught, dribbled, and then took his recovered man 1v1 and pulled up for long 2s.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just landed a little awkward on his hamstring though. Wouldn't be surprised if Bouk were done for the summer.

Reaction Score
Not So fast.
That's our Bouk. Thought management would want to be cautious. They have him playing point guard, too. Looks good and pretty comfortable.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bouk putting on an absolute show on offensive end.
And thats with his shot not falling as well as it normally should.

His passing and vision has been A+ today as the primary ball handler.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Looked very sharp running point the latter half of that game—great vision and passing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom