Huskies in the Pros (Baseball) | Page 31 | The Boneyard

Huskies in the Pros (Baseball)

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here<

Here’s the last sentences which Outline conversion cut out:

>My favorite players, definitely Pedro Martinez, all-time great,” Wallace said, “and Craig Kimbrel. Always a big fan of David Ortiz and all the excitement he brought. Then when I was in college, Xander Bogaerts, Andrew Benintendi, Rafael Devers — those guys are phenomenal players.”

And Wallace could soon be one of them. “Yeah,” he said. “It’s pretty great.”<

Reaction Score

This one is well worth reading. The John Russell story has great similarities to current closer Caleb Wurster. Both did not make the 35 man roster as true freshmen (Russell was basically told to spend a season at Avery Point to work on his pitching, and if I recall correctly Wurster was basically the last player to make the roster in his redshirt freshman season), but both became big time closers out of the bullpen.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Springer with a 2 run homer to take a 2-1 lead. Hohum. :D

Reaction Score
This one is well worth reading. The John Russell story has great similarities to current closer Caleb Wurster. Both did not make the 35 man roster as true freshmen (Russell was basically told to spend a season at Avery Point to work on his pitching, and if I recall correctly Wurster was basically the last player to make the roster in his redshirt freshman season), but both became big time closers out of the bullpen.
Great read! Russell also was remarkably the last player to make roster day before season started his sophomore year. Will have his engineering degree this semester and can put that in the back pocket and continue to chase his dream. Impressive kid like so many of Penders current and former players. They saw enough in him to keep him around and it certainly paid off the following year.

Reaction Score
The New London Day has a story on Pete Walker, former UConn baseball player and current Toronto pitching coach.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom