Huskies in the Pros (Baseball) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Huskies in the Pros (Baseball)

Reaction Score
UConn Baseball‏ @UConnBaseball 7h7 hours ago
Huskies in the Pros: Bobby Melley has been assigned to @HVRenegades in NYPL to begin 2017 season. #HookC

Bobby Melley's new team Hudson Valley plays in Norwich toward the end of the season, August 25-27. My seats in Norwich are right behind the 1b dugout, so I’ll have a good view of him, assuming he is still with the team at that time.

Looks like we won't be seeing Bobby Melley in Norwich. He just left Hudson Valley, getting a promotion to Bowling Green of the Class A South Atlantic League.

Reaction Score
Anthony Marzi is back in organized pro baseball as a member of the Minnesota Twins organization. He has been assigned to the Cedar Rapids Kernels of the Class A Midwest League.

Anthony Marzi joins Kernels

New Britain Bees‏ @NewBritainBees
.@acesconnecticut CONTRACT PURCHASE: Anthony Marzi is off to the @Twins organization with @CRKernels! #ItBEEginsHere

DDlfLMBXcAAhtWB.jpg

11:01 AM - 30 Jun 2017 from New Britain, CT

Reaction Score
In today's Hartford Courant, John Altavilla has a good story on Jack Sundberg, now playing for Potomac of the Class A Carolina League. However, typical of the Courant, the story doesn't seem to be on their website, at least not yet. This is not the first time I have gone looking for a Courant story that is in the paper, but not on the website. Maybe it will show up there sometime in the next few days. Or maybe not.

Anyway, good stuff on how in high school the two sport Sundberg (football and baseball) really wanted to go to UConn and play baseball and tried to get the coaches to recruit him, but at first the coaching staff initially didn't think he was good enough.

Reaction Score
Starting on May 26, in a stretch of 41 games Springer has his .395 going 64 for 162 with 18 home runs and 37 RBI. His batting average increased from .231 on May 25 to .310 today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom