Huskies in the Pros (Baseball) | Page 46 | The Boneyard

Huskies in the Pros (Baseball)

Reaction Score
In other news, Matt Barnes was designated for assignment by the Red Sox. This was done to make room on the roster for newly-acquired outfielder Adam Duvall. Sad to see him go but he has had his ups and downs.

Reaction Score
I have been a fan of Barnes from the beginning but he unfortunately earned this DFA. He has really struggled and maybe it’s time for a change of scenery, new pitching coaches and less scrutiny than what a Sox player gets in Boston. When he was good he was fun to watch but man has he struggled with the exception of that first half for several years now.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I have been a fan of Barnes from the beginning but he unfortunately earned this DFA. He has really struggled and maybe it’s time for a change of scenery, new pitching coaches and less scrutiny than what a Sox player gets in Boston. When he was good he was fun to watch but man has he struggled with the exception of that first half for several years now.
Everything about Barnes screams "new Pirates acquisition".

Reaction Score
I can't argue with that. Fortunately for Matt he signed a new contract prior to his issues. I believe 18M or so.

Reaction Score
I can't argue with that. Fortunately for Matt he signed a new contract prior to his issues. I believe 18M or so.
He timed that contract perfectly. Had the best 80 games of his career right into an all star nod and a new contract.

Of note, his DFA was to make room for Adam Duvall who was a former big east player at Louisville during the same years (2009-2010).

Reaction Score

I thought he was regaining some of his velocity and control toward the end of last season. It could be he was just finally getting healthy.

Reaction Score

<Esposito, 43, joins the Major League coaching staff as catching coach for his second season in the organization after joining the Padres in 2022 as manager of Single-A Fort Wayne. The Staten Island, N.Y. native spent the previous nine seasons (2013-21) in the Pittsburgh Pirates organization, most recently as manager for Triple-A Indianapolis from 2018-19 and ‘21, while spending ‘20 at the Pirates Alternate Training site in Altoona, Pa. He spent two years (2015-16) as manager for Single-A West Virginia, highlighted by a club-record 87 wins in ’15, after managing Single-A Jamestown in 2014 and serving as a player/coach in the Pirates farm system in 2013. He was originally selected by the Boston Red Sox in the fifth round of the 2000 First-Year Player Draft and played 13 seasons in the minor league systems of Boston, Anaheim, Texas, St. Louis, Colorado, Houston and Chicago (NL). He made 688 minor league appearances at catcher, 22 as a pitcher, 14 at first base and one each at third base and in left field. He made his Major League debut as a defensive replacement behind the plate with St. Louis on June 2, 2007 and made two appearances with the Astros in 2009. He played collegiate ball at the University of Connecticut, where he was voted team MVP in 1999.>

Reaction Score

Florence is a team in the Frontier League, a professional independent league.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom