Huskies Heading to St. Petersburg Bowl to Take On Marshall | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Huskies Heading to St. Petersburg Bowl to Take On Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe someone who is on Twitter can tweet them and suggest some ticket buying info would be nice before the handful of people actually going buy them elsewhere.

"We're working on it! Ticket and travel info will be sent out via email and http://uconnbowl.com tonight. Thanks for your patience and support!"

Reaction Score
VSPC7:49pm via Twitter Web Client
@UConnHuskies can u think of a better place to spend the holidays!? We're stoked to welcome you for @StPeteBowl '15
CVlXLjyWEAQHKa7.jpg

Reaction Score
UConn To Face Marshall In St. Petersburg Bowl
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-bowl-bid-1207-20151206-story.html

>>They're so excited and on fire," Diaco said. "I kind of hand-sketched, like four weeks ago, when we had two games to play, and I was talking about the moment of in your car when you go over the bridge, any bridge on a causeway and you can't quite see the water yet but you can roll the windows down and you feel that salt and smell that salt … we've been talking about it for weeks. Whether we knew we were going to be at a place like this where saltwater abounds or not, it just worked out and everybody is so stoked about this opportunity to play a great game in a climate and in a region where we can experience the quintessential bowl experience."<<

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Hathaway was a jackass. But blaming him for not being able to sell tickets for $164 that you could buy for $20 just isn't fair.

Weren't they even more expensive than that? I was a good Husky and bought my tix through the university and thought we paid more. I could be thinking of final four Tix so I guess that's a good problem to have.

Reaction Score

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I think its really time to clarify this bad reputation people are assigning to UConn regarding our attendance at the 2011 Fiesta Bowl.

I was there. I know of which I speak. And I wasn't drunk.. darn it. The stadium was full and it was equally divided between UConn fans and Oklahoma fans. UConn fans were all over the place. The problem was not that UConn fans didn't travel well to Phoenix but that they didn't buy tickets through the University at prices upward of $100.

As I recall, the year we went to the Fiesta Bowl the Bowl was also hosting the National Championship game a week or two later. So the Fiesta Bowl committee stipulated that if you wanted to have guaranteed ability to purchase tickets to the National Championship game you had to purchase a ticket for the New Years Day Fiesta Bowl. Many people did just that. And when the teams playing in the National Championship game were announced there was a huge selloff of New Years Day Fiesta Bowl tickets on places like Stub Hub, etc. Instead of buying tickets through UConn thousands of UConn fans bought much cheaper tickets from Stub Hub, etc. As I recall online tickets were selling for as low as $15. If you were actually at the game you would have been impressed by the turnout/following/attendance of UConn fans.

It has been a continual misreporting by certain people and entities who want to discredit UConn who continue to misrepresent what actually happened as far as fan attendance at the game. UConn was very well represented at the Fiesta Bowl!!!

I wish your narrative was the national narrative.

Reaction Score
Weren't they even more expensive than that? I was a good Husky and bought my tix through the university and thought we paid more. I could be thinking of final four Tix so I guess that's a good problem to have.

I think I bought the second tier tickets, because I had my kids with me (one of which cried most of the time and wanted it to be over in the 2nd quarter).

Reaction Score
I see a place to donate on the UConn website. What I don't see is a link to actually buy tickets. At least Marshall tells me where not to sit.

Yeah seriously, anyone know where the UConn fans are supposed to be? Also why are so many sections already greyed out?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
NHUConnfan said:
Yeah seriously, anyone know where the UConn fans are supposed to be? Also why are so many sections already greyed out?

I'm assuming everyone will be on the first base side for TV and the fact that the field is shifted to that side. Marshall has the outfield side of the 50 yd line. We likely have the infield side. Section 122 and under.

Reaction Score
I'm assuming everyone will be on the first base side for TV and the fact that the field is shifted to that side. Marshall has the outfield side of the 50 yd line. We likely have the infield side. Section 122 and under.

I mean, I am sure, but I'll wait until UConn comes out with some information on Tuesday.

Reaction Score
How is this responsible when Marshall already has their info up? It wasn't like it was a mystery that we were heading to St. Pete...we've known this for the better part of 24 hours.

Different offerings:

Marshall just tells you how to fly there and provides a link to the hotel.

UCONN is actually arranging a charter trip.

Reaction Score
I bought and donated 2 Fiesta Bowl tix through UConn and the charge was $222.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Chase Litton leads Marshall to St. Petersburg Bowl
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/chase-litton-leads-marshall-to-st-petersburg-bowl/2256710

>>A consolation prize of sorts was awarded Sunday to the St. Petersburg Bowl. Instead of showcasing the local program that has resurrected itself, the contest gets a local
player who has done the same.

Marshall (9-3), led by 6-foot-6 true freshman quarterback — and Wharton High alumnus — Chase Litton, will face resurgent Connecticut (6-6) in the Dec. 26 contest. The formal announcement was made Sunday afternoon on ESPN, which owns and operates the game<<

Hold up....how many bowl games does ESPN own and operate??? To me that sounds like a losing cause. I don't know the exact money stats but I'd wager they lose more by running a bowl then they make. Why do this? Why not scrap the damn bowl? There are so many bowl games and while I'm glad for that now, I think the fact that they needed to allow for 5-7 teams to make three bowls speaks volumes for the need to reduce the amount of bowl games.

Reaction Score
Fiesta bowl pic.....lots of blue there?
Yes, yes indeed, there absolutely was a LOT of Connecticut National Flag Blue and White witnessed in person by MANY Huskies' fans at our Fiesta Bowl game. Go UCONN!

Reaction Score
Nice ad. Unfortunately After tring to find links to more information, it doesn't tell me the cost of the charter nor the times it flies.

UConnHuskies8:03pm via Twitter Web Client
Bowl ticket and travel packages will be available for purchase beginning Tuesday AM. Timeline and details will be available soon. #BleedBlue

I was told the packages are currently being put together w/ the University's travel partner.

Last edited:

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score

I did that for the Birmingham Bowl against South Carolina. The tickets went to local military personnel from what I was told.

I'll do it again for St. Pete.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
. The Fiesta Bowl distributed 17,500 tickets to UConn, and the school is responsible to sell them all. The cheapest of those tickets cost $111 (in the lower end zone) and can cost as much as $268 for club level. I guess we bought great seats.

Reaction Score
Is there information on donating bowl tickets? Only thing I can find is donating to the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom