Huskies Face Tough Test Against UCF Defense | The Boneyard

Huskies Face Tough Test Against UCF Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Diaco seems worried about an empty house.

Will be interesting to see the turnout. Over a month since the last home game, 1-6 team fall sports swinging into winter sports for most parents.......the number of tickets sold so far, is known by somebody - hopefully the number of heads that come through the gates is close.

The fans here on the boneyard are not representative of the actual fanbase - we're arguing about who should be on the depth chart as a #4 defensive back. The majority of people in CT stopped paying attention to UCONN football in mid-September. You want attention you got to win here, that's all.

I'll tell you what, if he's truly worried about attendance now - which makes no sense - because what he should be concerned about is putting a winning team on the field, and nothing else - but if he is actually worried about it - wait until December against SMU - especially if we're still on a losing streak. It's going to look like a high school title game in the stands.

If you want fans in the seats, beyond the 15-17k that showed up last december for Memphis, you got to have expectations of winning. My guess is the 25k-26k head count range for Sat. Simply because the majority of season ticket holders haven't had the opportunity to have a tailgate since September.

If we're going to be honest about it.

Reaction Score
Weather is going to play a hugh amount in the attendance for this game and it is not looking good. Mid 40's and rain and wind. This is a tough sell even to season ticket holders. I am part of a 7 man group and looks like no one is going, so far this year I am the only one to attend all of the games. Let's face it we have a very bad team, we are encouraged by staying close in a game, rather than winning. It pains me to admit it, but I can 't hold it against anyone who skips this game because of the weather.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Weather is going to play a hugh amount in the attendance for this game and it is not looking good. Mid 40's and rain and wind. This is a tough sell even to season ticket holders. I am part of a 7 man group and looks like no one is going, so far this year I am the only one to attend all of the games. Let's face it we have a very bad team, we are encouraged by staying close in a game, rather than winning. It pains me to admit it, but I can 't hold it against anyone who skips this game because of the weather.
Accuweather says a passing shower or two in East Hartford on Saturday. I'm not expecting a driving rain.

Homecoming and statue dedication should buoy attendance somewhat.

Reaction Score
Diaco seems worried about an empty house.
He said that we would go bowling this year. Instead, it is turning into what could be the worse season in UConn history... with an unwatchable team. It is questionable if the coaching staff is coaching to win or just coaching to keep final scores respectable. Is there any wonder that no one shows up? And I also know other season ticket holders who can't even give their tickets away.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If it wasn't for the Boneyard I wouldn't even know about the Jasper tribute.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
He said that we would go bowling this year. Instead, it is turning into what could be the worse season in UConn history... with an unwatchable team. It is questionable if the coaching staff is coaching to win or just coaching to keep final scores respectable. Is there any wonder that no one shows up? And I also know other season ticket holders who can't even give their tickets away.

who said?

I remember HCBD talking about the work that was needed, and how he had good progress before the season, and that he expected these foundations to crack. I don't seem to remember a promise of a bowl game this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom