Huskies back on campus | The Boneyard

Huskies back on campus

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Freshman Christyn Williams said that while she enjoyed the break it was nice to get back into a routine.

“Having structure play a huge role… cause we just sit around all day and then come in and practice,” Williams said. “It’s good to watch Netflix all day but to be out walking and interacting with your friends and stuff, it plays a huge role.”

Women’s Basketball: Huskies Back for Spring Semester

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Ah yes, for the most part, humans need structure. CW said it well. She may have hit the "freshman wall" but my money is on her the rest of the way. She is amazingly focused even when not making a big impact. When the camera gives us a close up, her eyes are wide and bright. She has yet to show us any kind of "lost spirt". She is working through her slump and will come out the other side soon IMO. We will certainly see more of the play that she displayed against ND and I predict it will be fun to watch. Our team may be down a bit right now but I have faith in Geno and staff, to get them back up to where they need to be.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I played college baseball and one year of college basketball. The baseball season felt reasonable in length, although practicing inside (field house) in New England during February and part of March became somewhat tiresome.

The basketball season, on the other hand, felt like an ETERNITY.

The amount of time on the road, the stops and starts in this season, it has all been difficult, especially on the freshmen.

Lots of reasons to be optimistic:

1. We have seen freshman, such as Stewie, get through tough stretches and come out fine. I`m betting on CW.

2. ONO looks to be ready to contribute.

3. Megan, CD and Napheesa have figured things out. Lou is in a bit of a shooting slump but will turn it around, I`m guessing tonight.

4. We have five starters who are capable offensive threats, including all five from three point range. All five starters have each scored at least 26 points in a game this season - has that ever been done by a UConn WCBB team before?

5. We have three upperclassmen off the bench and they are playing with more poise and maturity.

6. Unlike last season, UConn appears to be quite healthy.

7. Remaining road schedule is manageable.

UConn has only one loss but so does everyone else but NC State, a team that has been ravaged by injury and will eventually drop from the ranks of the undefeated. UConn should run the conference schedule and tournament, should beat an improved South Carolina team at home, and has a good chance at Louisville - but even with one more loss, should get the number one seed in Albany.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
UConn has only one loss but so does everyone else but NC State, a team that has been ravaged by injury and will eventually drop from the ranks of the undefeated. UConn should run the conference schedule and tournament, should beat an improved South Carolina team at home, and has a good chance at Louisville - but even with one more loss, should get the number one seed in Albany.

If UConn loses to Louisville, they may well be in Albany, but doubtful as a 1 seed.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If UConn loses to Louisville, they may well be in Albany, but doubtful as a 1 seed.
I feel the same way "If...". Due to the attendance that UConn will bring to Albany, the NCAA tournament Committee most likely will put UConn there.
My question is who is the #1 seed in Albany, based upon current bracketology scenarios? BTW, I am guessing that Louisville is going to lose again to ND if they meet in the ACC tournament.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I feel the same way "If...". Due to the attendance that UConn will bring to Albany, the NCAA tournament Committee most likely will put UConn there.
My question is who is the #1 seed in Albany, based upon current bracketology scenarios? BTW, I am guessing that Louisville is going to lose again to ND if they meet in the ACC tournament.
If Louisville beats UConn but fails to win the ACC tournament, they could well be the #1 seed in Albany, setting up a potential rematch in the Elite 8.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom