Hurricane Milton | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Hurricane Milton

Reaction Score
I remember those games and drunkfests.

I was living in Bristol CT at the time of Gloria. There was a liquor store on route 6 near Main Street that had a weird power configuration. Have of the store was without power and the other side had it. I also remember some joker in a video store giving me grief because I didn't rewind my VHS tape until I told him I lost power.

Only went to one Yale Bowl - think it was the last one in 98 and holy $hite the debauchery was epic.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I am a bit down the road from Ed Sargent. We were on the wet and windy side of the storm. We clocked 19 1/2 inches of rain in my back yard.

Tons of tree litter, a few big branches, a little water in the house, my back yard spawned a creek about 8 inches deep for a few of the worst downpour hours.

Amazingly, first storm in 11 years we did not lose power on my street.

Reaction Score
I am a bit down the road from Ed Sargent. We were on the wet and windy side of the storm. We clocked 19 1/2 inches of rain in my back yard.

Tons of tree litter, a few big branches, a little water in the house, my back yard spawned a creek about 8 inches deep for a few of the worst downpour hours.

Amazingly, first storm in 11 years we did not lose power on my street.
19 1/2 inches? Geeze, that is a hell of a lot of water in a relatively short period of time. There had to be a lot of flooding.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Ironically enough, the roof shape and material were intentionally selected to mitigate the effects of hurricanes. Whoops.
Anything that bakes in the Florida sun for decades is going to get worn out. When I first moved down here I had a bass boat full tournament rig. I went through a cover every year or year and a half.

Not talking the cheap covers but the custom covers made specifically for the boat I had.

That canvas would almost disintegrated after a year and a half or so.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Only went to one Yale Bowl - holy $hite the debauchery was epic.
I could definitely hold my own back in college day, but Yale Bowl was the only place in my life where I projectile vomited. Hit folks two rows in front of me. One of our party was mixing jello shots in the stands. We all had a good buzz on from the parking lot, and when I went to down the jello shots, but throat just said "unh uh" and launched it right back out.

Yale Bowl was also the tipping point down the road to divorcing first wife, but that's a different story....

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I could definitely hold my own back in college day, but Yale Bowl was the only place in my life where I projectile vomited. Hit folks two rows in front of me. One of our party was mixing jello shots in the stands. We all had a good buzz on from the parking lot, and when I went to down the jello shots, but throat just said "unh uh" and launched it right back out.

Yale Bowl was also the tipping point down the road to divorcing first wife, but that's a different story....
Whoa, you actually went into the game? Casual.

Reaction Score

Could hold your own and you projectile vomited on people from a jello shot?

Something tells me you couldn't hold your own.

Reaction Score

Who was sitting two rows in front...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My Facebook feed proves this right. Every Mudder Pucker north of the Mason Dixon line (Including UConn official pages) was posting Northern Light pics last night.
Screenshot_20241011_141524_Facebook.jpg

Reaction Score
Stories of jello shots and Florida reminds me of Pleasure Island which was part of Disney World. They used to have women dressed up as nurses serving jello shots out of plastic syringes. I had a similar experience to Storrsroars experience with projectiles, but my aim was better.

Reaction Score
Whoa, you actually went into the game? Casual.
Yup… we never even considered actually entering the stadium. It’s a freaking miracle we found the bus back. And seriously, could there have been a worse job than driving that bus back from the game? Those drivers deserved a 1k tip for putting up with that madness.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Yup… we never even considered actually entering the stadium. It’s a freaking miracle we found the bus back. And seriously, could there have been a worse job than driving that bus back from the game? Those drivers deserved a 1k tip for putting up with that madness.
Who's the casual here. We played football in the parking lot until we deemed ourselves sober enough to drive back. Sometimes that was a couple hours (and probably still not enough).

Reaction Score
Who's the casual here. We played football in the parking lot until we deemed ourselves sober enough to drive back. Sometimes that was a couple hours (and probably still not enough).
Ahhh… well played. Sobriety would’ve taken us deep into the night. Drunk bus for us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom