Hurricane Milton | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hurricane Milton

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Tropicana Field is a staging area for linemen who are set to spring into action tomorrow...

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I am reminded of Hurricane Gloria, which caused UConn to cancel classes on a Friday. Watched many people carrying multiple cases of beer each from the Ted's liquor store on N. Eagleville Storrs Wine and Spirits 2 it seems). They ran out of beer by noon and had to replenish
Hurricane Gloria led to the cancellation of the UConn vs Yale 1985 drunkfest football game at the Yale Bowl. Just as the Huskies had started to dominate the series that eventually led to the demise of the annual matchup

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Ironically enough, the roof shape and material were intentionally selected to mitigate the effects of hurricanes. Whoops.
FEMA sent 100,000 surge protectors to Sarasota. They plugged them in and everything was working up until the power went out.

Once they stopped working, that's apparently when the storm surge came in and did all the damage.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hurricane Gloria led to the cancellation of the UConn vs Yale 1985 drunkfest football game at the Yale Bowl. Just as the Huskies had started to dominate the series that eventually led to the demise of the annual matchup
I'm pretty sure the demise was because UConn treating the woods around the polo fields as the world's biggest outdoor porta-potty and general mayhem/damage got to be too much for Yale.

Reaction Score
I remember those games and drunkfests.

I was living in Bristol CT at the time of Gloria. There was a liquor store on route 6 near Main Street that had a weird power configuration. Have of the store was without power and the other side had it. I also remember some joker in a video store giving me grief because I didn't rewind my VHS tape until I told him I lost power.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure the demise was because UConn treating the woods around the polo fields as the world's biggest outdoor porta-potty and general mayhem/damage got to be too much for Yale.
That wasn't just UConn games. I went to a concert in 1980 (I believe) that featured Heart, The Eagles and Little River Band. The lawns around the stadium were trashed.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
That wasn't just UConn games. I went to a concert in 1980 (I believe) that featured Heart, The Eagles and Little River Band. The lawns around the stadium were trashed.
The Eagles Live double album has an insert (lyrics, credits, etc., 3 folds) with an aerial photo of the sold out Yale Bowl from that show on the reverse, basically an 3' by 3' poster. Pretty amazing!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom