Hurricane Matthew | The Boneyard

Hurricane Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They're talking cat 4! Also hugging the coastline, meaning the engine won't freakin slow down with the north side (highest winds) pummeling the coast. They're saying worst case scenario.

Never knew that Florida has never had a cat 3 north of Daytona. This one is scary but we are fortunate here with this northeast system pushing that bad boy out to sea.
storm-cats.png

Reaction Score
They're talking cat 4! Also hugging the coastline, meaning the engine won't freakin slow down with the north side (highest winds) pummeling the coast. They're saying worst case scenario.

Never knew that Florida has never had a cat 3 north of Daytona. This one is scary but we are fortunate here with this northeast system pushing that bad boy out to sea.
We need corresponding Trump photos. I swear at first that Cat 3 pic looked like his hair.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I am about a mile outside evacuation zone here in Jacksonville. Everything is put away, locked down, and supplies purchased. Now just waiting. First one I have ever been nervous about since moving here.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Senior hurricane guy at The Weather Channel just stared at the camera and said to central and northern Floridians, "If you ignore evacuation orders you will die!"

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
Moved to Savannah two months ago. NOAA just moved the forecast for the eye towards us by about 30 miles. Suck. I think I will have to evacuate late night. The county I live in is mandatory evacuation but I am being the asshat who says "it's still good" like homer and his pig roast. I think it's gone bad. Crap. Just when the conference realignment board was about to break some non key tweets!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Moved to Savannah two months ago. NOAA just moved the forecast for the eye towards us by about 30 miles. Suck. I think I will have to evacuate late night. The county I live in is mandatory evacuation but I am being the asshat who says "it's still good" like homer and his pig roast. I think it's gone bad. Crap. Just when the conference realignment board was about to break some non key tweets!!!!!!!!!
You should have left already if there is a mandatory evacuation. Savannah has never really had a hurricane to my knowledge. Have spent a lot of time down there, absolutely love that city. Go eat at Sweet Potatoes if you haven't already, cheap and really good.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I evacuated St Augustine early this morning. This is the first one in 30 years I have felt the need to do that.

Reaction Score
You guys staring down an imminent severe hurricane and still posting on the Boneyard are the biggest fans on this site!

Save your phone battery and please be safe so you can be back here on Sunday (if you have power).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sure sign bad stuff gonna happen:

Waffle House ‏@WaffleHouse 3h3 hours ago
All Waffle House restaurants on 1-95 between Titusville, FL and Fort Pierce, FL are closed. Stay safe Waffle Nation! #HurricaneMatthew

Urban Legend is that FEMA uses this as a barometer for various storm impacts.

Happy I'm about 350 miles from the Atlantic coast.

I was working this week with some people living on the South Carolina low country. All their families were moved to Atlanta area.

Reaction Score
I'm in West Palm Beach just outside of the evacuation zone watching this thing roll in (impact Windows and a concrete apartment building). Seems like the brunt of it will be felt more north of us but it's windy as hell.

Reaction Score
I hope your power utilities are better than CL&P.
God I remember Fall 2011, my senior year, we had that blizzard on Halloween. Cedar Ridge got it worst IIRC, well over a week without power

Reaction Score
God I remember Fall 2011, my senior year, we had that blizzard on Halloween. Cedar Ridge got it worst IIRC, well over a week without power

that was a sick storm.....it actually hit CT on Oct 29....the combination of heavy snow and leaves on the trees....what a disaster.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
So us this storm turning into a popcorn fart?

If so I'm glad people won't be hurt.

Reaction Score
So us this storm turning into a popcorn fart?

If so I'm glad people won't be hurt.
Don't think so, I know people in Charleston and Savannah and they left. Both of those places are going to flood.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
I hope so. Still a bit until it gets to me but hoping for further wind reduction by then. I am cautiously optimistic but the storm surge may still be a beast on the islands in GA and SC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom