Hurley's technical | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley's technical

Reaction Score
Here’s context about Hurley’s response to the question about the technical in the presser:

Reaction Score
What did Borges do earlier in the week?

I believe Borges' is referring to the Sanogo quote about playing against SJU. He originally posted part of the quote that lacked full context. He deleted the original tweet and tweeted the full comment with context that had a completely different meaning. Deleted tweet made it sound like Sanogo was complaining he didn't play last 10 min, full context quote included Sanogo understanding why he didn't play (5 guards). You can see below he deleted the original tweet.

Reaction Score
I believe Borges' is referring to the Sanogo quote about playing against SJU. He originally posted part of the quote that lacked full context. He deleted the original tweet and tweeted the full comment with context that had a completely different meaning. Deleted tweet made it sound like Sanogo was complaining he didn't play last 10 min, full context quote included Sanogo understanding why he didn't play (5 guards). You can see below he deleted the original tweet.

I guess I can't blame Hurley for getting mad about that. Borges making problems that weren't exactly there. Maybe Hurley should start being like Belichick. Lol

Reaction Score
You guys look for any reason to bash Hurley. He’s a fantastic coach stockpiling recruits and building a program from the bottom up. Ollie shredded the entire thing. Should we beat a top 15 team on the road without our only elite player? Hmmmm. But complain about a technical foul he didn’t even deserve

we have one elite player on the roster, though I think Sanogo will soon be our next.

Reaction Score
I guess I can't blame Hurley for getting mad about that. Borges making problems that weren't exactly there. Maybe Hurley should start being like Belichick. Lol

Just a small issue that should blow over imo. Borges isn't some sensationalist journalist, he just made a mistake, and Hurley was in a pissy mood after a loss lol

Reaction Score
Borges bleeds UConn. Great writter.Real person.
Hurley just needs to take a lesson from Calhoun on how to work the refs.
He was justified as we were getting screwed.

Reaction Score
Stop it!!
Nobody is above criticism
Tell me - please quote EXACTLY what DH said to the ref so we all can determine that he "didn't even deserve" it.
What did you hear from the bench? His quote in the Courant when asked about it was "none of your damned business" Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Nobody is saying he can't recruit but fantastic coach is taking it to a level that hasn't been exhibited or earned.
Should we beat a top 15 team without our best player? Why not? it's never been done before?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Don't be so protective - let's win a few games, a few NBE tournament games, a few NCAA tournaments games(lets get there first) before we start calling people fantastic and off the criticism list.
For crying out loud - plenty bashed Calhoun after winning 3 NCs, including me for decisions on and off the court.
Spot on. No coach is above criticism. And BY is where we hash it out so what’s the problem exactly?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The worst thing to do as a ref is double down when you’re wrong.

He was wrong for not telling both benches the same thing.

When you mess up you eat a little chewing out cause you blew it.

Reaction Score
On the subject of referees in yesterday's game. The 2 travel calls on Sanogo early were not travels. I replayed them to check. On one he dribbled and I don't think the ref saw the dribble, and the other one I have no idea what they saw.

Reaction Score
I think most of us are "all in" on Hurley.....not blaming DH for T, the Ref was "T hunting" imo and flexed his mini-muscles.

Creighton as a program is erased from memory until the BE Tourney....100% focus on Butler now, need a win!

Reaction Score
Sorry but that T was a bad bad look for the league. When you’re playing on the road this year (or at home in our case) the bench is your fan base. As a ref you have to know your role and shut your mouth. Let the bench get fired up, they weren’t on the court and they were just cheering on their team. Glad Hurley stood up to that ref because that cannot happen again with the whole COVID thing going on.
There are rules the bench must adhere to as well, maybe they were breaking the rules, maybe they were stepping out on the court, maybe a few swears, maybe they were previously warned but kept breaking the rules...Us TV fans don't always see everything that leads up to a tech being called...and sometimes the announcers don't even know the whole story...

Reaction Score
Technical fouls are a weapon that need to be deployed strategically. Jim Calhoun understood this the best of any coach I have watched save maybe Bobby Knight who really brought it to the brink. Ollie had no idea how to use technicals. His technicals actually lost us games.

Today, Hurley got, what I would call, a bad technical. The T for arguing with the ref over how the bench should behave benefited us in no way. After the T, Creighton went on a run.

I have been hoping, all season, that Hurley would light up a ref after Bouknight got blasted. That is the kind of T that gets Bouk a few more trips to the foul line and it also fires up a team to see the coach defending their teammate. For a guy as animated as DH, he doesn't get Teed up very much which is a good thing. But he doesn't use the T much either.

As I said, the T today netted us nothing. To be honest, it didn't cost us very much either. But it was NOT strategic. And it needs to be. Hurley does a fair job riding the refs but to be really effective, to bully the refs, he needs to learn this trick of the trade. Ts would be a good arrow to add to his quiver.
Creighton is not the team a shorthanded Uconn team needed a technical call against ! I hope Hurley is not keeping Bouknight out purposely till tough Big East games.

Reaction Score
Creighton is not the team a shorthanded Uconn team needed a technical call against ! I hope Hurley is not keeping Bouknight out purposely till tough Big East games.
Ummm, they are all tough. Except maybe DePaul but the Huskies are done with DePaul.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You guys look for any reason to bash Hurley. He’s a fantastic coach stockpiling recruits and building a program from the bottom up. Ollie shredded the entire thing. Should we beat a top 15 team on the road without our only elite player? Hmmmm. But complain about a technical foul he didn’t even deserve

Ollie caused the technical against Creighton. Got it.

Reaction Score
It was at best a marginal call. But it didn’t cost us the game or anything close. There were multiple bad decisions and bad plays. I don’t think it was planned though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom