Hurley's superstition | The Boneyard

Hurley's superstition

Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong, I love the throwbacks. According to Jon Rothstein, American does too. I am a firm believer that throwback uniforms should only be worn 1 or 2 times a year against classic rivals. Don't get me wrong, today's game with the throwbacks from Xavier made it cooler, but Xavier is not a classic opponent. I also feel that Hurley's superstition of not switching uni's or whatever is making the throwbacks start to lose they magic. Seeing them in the first game this year was cool, and winning in them is better, but I would have rather saved them for the game against Nova on Tuesday. Although we will probably still wear the throwbacks, they just don't mean as much as they would've if they were out first or second time wearing them this year. I say, either make them the full time uni's next year, or only wear them for a few select special games, not 3 (or 4) in row.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
They should that same uni in grey with black and white trim. Recruits will love it.

/s

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
You are talking about throwback jerseys having "they magic" and you call it "Hurley's superstition"?! We ALL have our superstitions and I suggest we don't talk about them because that is the worst juju

Reaction Score
These throwbacks give me insane nostalgia, I see RJ and Adama and I am thinking about Khalid and Emeka...
The uniforms they are wearing were last worn in 1997-98. Khalid wore them one year and Emeka never wore them. I vote in favor of making them permanent. But I am old.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t mind seeing them wear an assortment of jerseys, past and present. How about we get some jerseys from the first championship, with the red U in UConn across the front.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I'm sure the decision to wear the throwbacks are not solely based on Hurley's superstitions.

They're great uniforms. We'll likely wear them until we lose and then go back to normal home jerseys.

Reaction Score
I'm sure the decision to wear the throwbacks are not solely based on Hurley's superstitions.

They're great uniforms. We'll likely wear them until we lose and then go back to normal home jerseys.
So let’s plan on wearing them through the rest of the season.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The reason these aren’t our regular jerseys is because of a marketing mistake. We are Connecticut what is a UConn.

Reaction Score
UCONN represents the school. Connecticut represents the state.
Never should have changed it.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
The throwbacks don’t actually have magic. But they are flipping cool.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Whatever man. That’s just like your opinion man.

Reaction Score
The uniforms they are wearing were last worn in 1997-98. Khalid wore them one year and Emeka never wore them. I vote in favor of making them permanent. But I am old.
Yes they are not the same but the patterns/stripes are similar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom