Hurley's HOF Case | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley's HOF Case

Reaction Score
So to answer the OP question. If Hurley were to not coach another game it’s a slam dunk he gets in, it’s Springfield where very good gets you in.

The Hurley name itself holds a lot of weight and his life story appeals to a lot people even ones who hate Hurley. Turning UConn back into a power winning back to back championships and winning tournament games at URI, safe to say he’s already a shoe in.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Three white starters is the "whitest" margin???

Didn't even know that was a thing.

And why is it "one hell of a story"?
It's not their ethnicity, it's their actual complexions. Donovan? Has he ever been to the beach? Cam is pretty fair skinned, but Karaban would effectively be invisible in a snowstorm. And if we start talking about the bench, honestly, Drew Hurley looks like he needs a blood transfusion.

Reaction Score
HOF... well, that happened fast. I guess that happens when you win back-to-back

Reaction Score
For me, in any sport, a Hall of Fame inductee requires dominance over a period of time and Hurley has got that, so he'll get in.

My biggest Hall of Fame pet peeve, when a "compiler" makes the Hall of Fame just from being very good for a long period of time. Harold Baines? Vlade Divac? C'mon.

Reaction Score
Coach Hurley is awesome and relatively young. We've only seen the tip of the iceberg in my opinion. What impresses me most is the excellence in all facets of the program. There's no tolerance for a weak link anywhere. The staff rises to the challenge and so do the players...because they are the right pieces. Winning pieces...working together pieces. Will always treasure getting to briefly celebrate #6 with a legend.
received_395056099988403~2.jpeg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Coach Hurley is awesome and relatively young. We've only seen the tip of the iceberg in my opinion. What impresses me most is the excellence in all facets of the program. There's no tolerance for a weak link anywhere. The staff rises to the challenge and so do the players...because they are the right pieces. Winning pieces...working together pieces. Will always treasure getting to briefly celebrate #6 with a legend. View attachment 100535
So what did Hurley's finger smell like?

Reaction Score
He's in...just has to avoid murdering anyone for another 10 years or so.

Reaction Score
For me, in any sport, a Hall of Fame inductee requires dominance over a period of time and Hurley has got that, so he'll get in.

My biggest Hall of Fame pet peeve, when a "compiler" makes the Hall of Fame just from being very good for a long period of time. Harold Baines? Vlade Divac? C'mon.
I agree with you, but for basketball it’s not just the NBA so I’m guessing Vlade gets bonus points for international play (couple silver medals and a FIBA Gold) and also being one of the early guys from that region to come over at a young age. Yao Ming didn’t even get to 10k points. If Yao had the same career but was a random American I doubt he’d be in the HoF, but he clearly had a big global impact.

Harold Baines is probably the worst selection I’ll ever see for the MLB HoF. He never even came close to getting 10% of the writers votes.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Wonder which coach in the hall has the least amount of wins? I'd imagine thats the number Dan has to reach to be a lock.

Reaction Score
There are coaches in the HoF who never even made a Final Four. He has to be a lock right now especially since it’s not like he inherited a team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom