Hurley's Eye for Talent - c/o 2019 Offers in Review | The Boneyard

Hurley's Eye for Talent - c/o 2019 Offers in Review

Reaction Score
I took a look at the regular season results for the majority of Hurley's 2019 offers (excluding those the Ollie staff offered). Pretty great group of young players. It's comforting to see these results IMO, even if the players didn't choose UConn. Nobody had a negative BPM.

2019 in Review.png

Reaction Score
Watts looked out of control and lost early on at Mich State but lately he looks like an impact player. Good size very good overall player.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
The bigs he was seriously after are producing big time. It’s a shame we missed on both, but I feel really really good about the bigs he’s looking at for 20/21.

We haven’t seen Springs or Cole play yet, but every other guy he has brought in (BA, Akok, Gaff, Bouk) has had the fire and the skills to contribute to the team.

I love how his recruits talk about him as a coach and the culture he is building. Not only an eye for talent, but an eye for good competitors as well.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Great stuff. Side note that Harris split between average and per 40 is insane. Why isn’t he getting more minutes?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Also think the way the Andre Jackson recruitment played out (as well as comments from visitors like Etienne) is a huge testament to the DH and the staff's ability to really reach recruits once they get on campus... which obviously bodes very well for us going forward.

I.e., the staff seems to be very sharp at identifying who they want, how they fit, and convincing the young men and their families about the vision for them.

To go further, I think it's speaks to one of DH's best leadership qualities is that he has a vision of a specific path to success for each of his players. For everyone, but especially for young people, having a detailed vision of what success looks like is important to being able to achieve it. I think IW and CV really have benefited from this this season. (I.e., not just "get in the gym. Get better" )

Reaction Score
DH out-punted his coverage with Bouk in the 80's in recruiting rankings. I've been pleasantly surprised. Kid can be a lottery pick next year. Gaffney seems like he will produce well above his ranking as well.

Reaction Score
The bigs he was seriously after are producing big time. It’s a shame we missed on both, but I feel really really good about the bigs he’s looking at for 20/21.

We haven’t seen Springs or Cole play yet, but every other guy he has brought in (BA, Akok, Gaff, Bouk) has had the fire and the skills to contribute to the team.

I love how his recruits talk about him as a coach and the culture he is building. Not only an eye for talent, but an eye for good competitors as well.
The development of Whaley softens the blow of losing out on the big guys I think. But can you imagine if this team had Kofi this year? Water under the bridge, but regardless, we are headed in the right direction.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Having bones rather than cole sitting probsvly cost us one or two wins. But man that’s gonna be fun to compare next year.

Reaction Score
Having bones rather than cole sitting probsvly cost us one or two wins. But man that’s gonna be fun to compare next year.
Forgot to include Bones. I've been very impressed with him this year. The helium from last spring was real. He should be a star at VCU.

C

Chief00

#24/7Grind is working - take note our beloved casual fans.
Precious foul shooting is going to hold him back, if he doesn’t improve it.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Forgot to include Bones. I've been very impressed with him this year. The helium from last spring was real. He should be a star at VCU.
43% from 3 on nearly 5 attempts a game. Kid can shoot!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom