Hurley | The Boneyard

Hurley

Reaction Score
I though the play calling stunk in the final minutes of the game and in OT. I can't be too upset, Xavier is ranked 18th, but this is a game we should have closed.

Reaction Score
I though the play calling stunk in the final minutes of the game and in OT. I can't be too upset, Xavier is ranked 18th, but this is a game we should have closed.

the only reason i could see repeatedly going to alterique is to hope he starts gaining some confidence when a shot finally falls... aside from that, how do u put the ball in his hands at the end of regulation with the game on the line?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
He learned and gave Bouk the ball. Also, by the measure of the game, that shot is a +1.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I don't understand why he kept Gilbert out there. I wouldn't be surprised if you told me he had 15 turnovers. And yet, there at the end, he's the one with the ball in his hands.

That's coaching malpractice.

Reaction Score
Yeah I don’t get why Akok wasn’t in. Thought he fouled out or something. Hopefully a good explanation

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
the only reason i could see repeatedly going to alterique is to hope he starts gaining some confidence when a shot finally falls... aside from that, how do u put the ball in his hands at the end of regulation with the game on the line?
Exactly.
Perfect from the line is a start if it's gonna happen.
Some lineups just make you wonder what DH is thinking.

Almost too much to work with. He's figuring it out too.

We'll be better in 2020 (this season)

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Once the ball is in ag’s hands you can’t get it out, I doubt Hurley wasn’t him attempting all those drives, but better sit his ass down if he isn’t listening.

Reaction Score
He needs to reign in his upperclassmen. I hope looking at film after the tourney will help him realize that.

Carlton/Vital/Rique were 8/36 from the floor. 11 TOs. That is the game in regulation, right there.

Reaction Score
i mean Carlton taking 7 seconds to catch the ball and trying to dunk which would have put us up 7 with 40 seconds left. That on Hurley?.

vital going hero ball fade away 3 on the next possession on him too?

y’all expect a lot from the guy on the sidelines

Reaction Score
i mean Carlton taking 7 seconds to catch the ball and trying to dunk which would have put us up 7 with 40 seconds left. That on Hurley?.

Running the same play over and over that resulted in two guards that can’t finish at the rim and love to take hero ball 3’s with the shot running down is a problem.

Giving Gilbert the ball in late game situations time after time is a problem,
Not running Polley off double screens is a problem.

We do the weave hand off every play. The guards run off the bigs who can’t do anything but pass(hand off) that far from the hoop because they can’t dribble or don’t have the confidence to do so yet(Akok).we do that till the shot clock runs down and CV and AG are more than happy to try and score under those circumstances. Its predictable and snow.

Can we run Polley off a double like we did for Rip at least occasionally?

Reaction Score

No I expect him to take both of them out when they do that in games. Now that we have some depth, hopefully they realize if they keep doing that they won’t play

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Once again...

Welcome to the post-Calhoun era. This is what you get. Make your peace with it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom