Hurley wore out his own team | The Boneyard

Hurley wore out his own team

Reaction Score
They died in the second half. You could see the legs were gone.

Why not give Adams some minutes to beat on Gillespie? Especially in the first half. Both Cole and Gaffney had two first half fouls. If nothing else Brendan is a tough defender. It would have kept someone fresh in the game. And Cole might not have died offensively, besides he had a ton of problems on defense. Heck a few minutes of Gaffney and Adam, or Cole and Adams might have helped kept Bouk fresh down the stretch.

Same with Sanogo and Whaley. Carlton could have have spelled them for a few minutes so each would have been fresher. Instead they went steadily downhill. And, perhaps Sanogo doesn't foul out if Carlton gets a few more minutes.

The team was dead tired by the end of the game. And two guys that might have helped didn't get a single minute. It's not like Cole, Gaffney, Whaley and Sanogo were buurning down the house and couldn't be relaced. Josh was very good last time out. And as bad as Cole was on Gillespie, Adams couldn't have been much worse.

Reaction Score
They died in the second half. You could see the legs were gone.

Why not give Adams some minutes to beat on Gillespie? Especially in the first half. Both Cole and Gaffney had two first half fouls. If nothing else Brendan is a tough defender. It would have kept someone fresh in the game. And Cole might not have died offensively, besides he had a ton of problems on defense. Heck a few minutes of Gaffney and Adam, or Cole and Adams might have helped kept Bouk fresh down the stretch.

Same with Sanogo and Whaley. Carlton could have have spelled them for a few minutes so each would have been fresher. Instead they went steadily downhill. And, perhaps Sanogo doesn't foul out if Carlton gets a few more minutes.

The team was dead tired by the end of the game. And two guys that might have helped didn't get a single minute. It's not like Cole, Gaffney, Whaley and Sanogo were buurning down the house and couldn't be relaced. Josh was very good last time out. And as bad as Cole was on Gillespie, Adams couldn't have been much worse.
Hurley finds ways to set his players up for failure. He better keep recruiting insane talent cause he's going to need it.

Reaction Score
Nova went 7 deep. There were a million whistles and timeouts in the 2nd half. Lots of stoppages to catch your breath.

It was a tough, intense game. But we run "cauldron of intensity" practices, right? We should not have been getting gassed.

Reaction Score
Sheesh. Are you really suggesting that our team is so poorly conditioned that none of them can handle playing 25-35 minutes in an important game?
If that's the case, that's a problem - 6 OT game, guys playing 50 minutes+ - talk about conditioning. No excuse for players being gassed, maybe Bouk because he was out with the injury, the rest have no excuse.

Reaction Score
He's just not healthy, this would have been a nice game to have him but Hurley made it clear he'd be limited yesterday in his press conference

I thought he was a go and Polley was the one with a game time decision? Instead Polley is playing 20+ minutes and not even sure if Akok checked in?

Reaction Score
Sheesh. Are you really suggesting that our team is so poorly conditioned that none of them can handle playing 25-35 minutes in an important game?
Said this before, It’s not Hurley’s fault. In a traditional non Covid season, at this point we would have about 25? games played by now, give or take. We literally just played our 16th game of the season on February 20th. We have not been able to get into any kind of rythm because of the multiple extended Covid shut downs.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Hurley finds ways to set his players up for failure. He better keep recruiting insane talent cause he's going to need it.
Seriously? They were playing a very good team on their home court. If anyone thinks our team is playing poorly or being worn out or is championship caliber, I don’t know what they are looking at. We are pretty good and Hurley gets a lot out of them.

Reaction Score
I thought he was a go and Polley was the one with a game time decision? Instead Polley is playing 20+ minutes and not even sure if Akok checked in?
Akok played 4 minutes or so in the first half, which lines up with what Hurley said yesterday about him being limited but more available than last game (1 minute against Providence)

Reaction Score
Nova only played 7 guys so why can't we play 8 guys and stay with them?

I know that Nova is better but must be better conditioned as well.

Reaction Score
Seriously? They were playing a very good team on their home court. If anyone thinks our team is playing poorly or being worn out or is championship caliber, I don’t know what they are looking at. We are pretty good and Hurley gets a lot out of them.
I wonder what YOU are looking at. We have a guy that gets consistently outcoached. It’s an obvious pattern.

Reaction Score
Only guy that was gassed was Bouk. Pregame Hurley said 25 minutes for him. Played him 36 and partially only because he got hurt. If he's going on all cylinders, you run with it, but he clearly was burnt in second half.

Reaction Score
I wonder what YOU are looking at. We have a guy that gets consistently outcoached. It’s an obvious pattern.
Are these for real? This program was below .500 two years ago in the AAC. With their best player in the game, this team has lost only twice, both close games, to highly ranked teams.

if you think we have a bad coach at this point I don’t know what to tell you. Find another program to hate on.

Reaction Score
Are these for real? This program was below .500 two years ago in the AAC. With their best player in the game, this team has lost only twice, both close games, to highly ranked teams.

if you think we have a bad coach at this point I don’t know what to tell you. Find another program to hate on.
Pay close attention. Hurley is a great recruiter. He has already proven that. But he has a LOT to prove as in in-game coach. Those are two completely separate things. Talent alone will win us a lot of games. He has to figure out how to win when that's not enough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom