Hurley wants some of these big OOC games in Connecticut | The Boneyard

Hurley wants some of these big OOC games in Connecticut

Reaction Score
Hopefully next year the season ticket holders will get their wish.

“I know that it’s frustrating for fans that these games aren’t being played on campus,” Hurley said. “I think this is a one-off in terms of it being an outlier year where we didn’t get any of these games at home which sucks for our fans but it’s been good for our brand overall. And it’s a one-off, there won’t be any more years where we don’t get one or more of these in Gampel or at the XL.”

Alternate access:
UConn’s Dan Hurley continues to needle top teams in hopes of attracting more big-time games to CT

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Kansas was Big East-Big XII.

UNC was the Jimmy V thing.

Gonzaga is some other one-off event at a semi-neutral site.
Oh geez. I figured for UNC but I thought KU and the Zags would be home and home. Welp.

That’s a hell of a draw for “event” games.

Reaction Score
Oh geez. I figured for UNC but I thought KU and the Zags would be home and home. Welp.

That’s a hell of a draw for “event” games.
There is a 95% chance that KU @ UConn next season. KU has played at home in 3 of the past 4 seasons. They have to be on the road next year. And there's no way UConn plays on the road twice in a row. It's a perfect matchup. If they send KU to Marquette or Creighton or something then Val should be fired into the sun

Reaction Score
Don’t we all. Feels like a decade since last big OOC at home. Man if not that long it’s been awhile..

Reaction Score
There is a 95% chance that KU @ UConn next season. KU has played at home in 3 of the past 4 seasons. They have to be on the road next year. And there's no way UConn plays on the road twice in a row. It's a perfect matchup. If they send KU to Marquette or Creighton or something then Val should be fired into the sun
You think they'd match up the same teams 2 seasons in a row? I thought they don't do that.

Wouldn't be the same, but maybe they can have a mid-major program like Cincinnati come to Connecticut. :)

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
There is a 95% chance that KU @ UConn next season.
I Guess The Breakfast Club GIF by For(bes) The Culture

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Make the FF again and any of these made for TV games will fill the XL then you might get one at a gampel.

Reaction Score
Don't get your hopes up, I doubt they're doing the same matchup 2 years in a row

Reaction Score
Imagine the meltdown when we get Cincy

Reaction Score
Is Hurley trying to get home and homes and other schools aren’t having it? He’s called out a couple schools like Duke before. I’m assuming behind the scenes he’s getting pushback

Reaction Score
Make the FF again and any of these made for TV games will fill the XL then you might get one at a gampel.
There’s probably slim to no chance one of these games is at Gampel

Reaction Score
You think they'd match up the same teams 2 seasons in a row? I thought they don't do that.

Wouldn't be the same, but maybe they can have a mid-major program like Cincinnati come to Connecticut. :)
I assume we already have all of our buy games for next year, but maybe we could squeeze Cincinatti in

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
0% chance. They don't match teams again the next year. KU will probably be at Marquette. We should get somebody like Baylor or Houston at home. Maybe Arizona if they are included.

Reaction Score
Nice seeing Kansas, UNC, and Indiana on the schedule this year. Let's get Duke, UCLA and Zona next year. Loving the zags, if not them, get FAU in the future.

As far as the absolute dregs of the OOC schedule, would like to trade those mid 300s with mid 200s at the very least and make them more regional. Disliked Arkansas pine bluff and mississipii valley for instance, really saw no point in that. Let's make Yale a thing again like in the 1990s. Last game vs them was an ugly 45-44 loss in 2014, revenge is a decade in the making.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'll say it again. The neutral site and semi-neutral site games are the best preparation for the tournament. I have no problem with them.
I would feel the same way if I could get second row seats at MSG.

Reaction Score
Hopefully next year the season ticket holders will get their wish.

“I know that it’s frustrating for fans that these games aren’t being played on campus,” Hurley said. “I think this is a one-off in terms of it being an outlier year where we didn’t get any of these games at home which sucks for our fans but it’s been good for our brand overall. And it’s a one-off, there won’t be any more years where we don’t get one or more of these in Gampel or at the XL.”

Alternate access:
UConn’s Dan Hurley continues to needle top teams in hopes of attracting more big-time games to CT
Good to hear he’s been really listening to Chief and others.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom