Hurley tweet (See you Saturday) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hurley tweet (See you Saturday)

Reaction Score
When I saw this on twitter I thought it was such a great way to own the loss, have some humor about it, and move on. The players came back to campus and did community things and moved on. Good on all of them.

Reaction Score
Mr Rogers Clown GIF
Mr Rodgers was the man, don't recall this one though, lol

Reaction Score
If someone reaches over Hurley does have a right to defend himself if Hurley reaches over the fan has a right to defend himself. Gave sound advice and looked them right in the eye.

I do think Hurley was protecting his guys walking off the court and being a distraction. The fans chanting F Dan Hurley wouldn’t have the balls to confront him face to face.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Dan Hurley out-recruited Syracuse for Akok Akok, Andre Jackson, and Donovan Clingan, so he's half right.

I figured there had to be some back story for a post like that. Maybe he visited to check out our board's presumed meltdown. He was here after the Seton Hall and Kansas games too.
Anyone know his handle…or at least a hint?

My guess is @cliffspliffy…

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if it's the times or what but I don't recall ever berating an opposing team's coach like the Creighton fans did. I haven't searched but maybe it started with PC and Cooley? John Thompson, Jim Boeheim, sure, we hated those guys, but they were coaches. They weren't playing the game and there was always a certain respect for head coaches. I get fans don't like Hurley, he's animated, he's different, he's successful. I gotta believe the folks at Creighton have to be 100% appalled watching the crowd dropping F-bombs at a college basketball game like that.

Reaction Score
Coach Hurley's stock is through the roof as far as I am concerned. This guy does it all and I love it. Apparently what he said was, "If you reach over, he'll knock you out," meaning security or someone else. The team is walking behind him and he aint messin' around. Awesome!

It wasn't too long ago the Creighton coach said some pretty regretful things. These Blue Jay fans trying to make hay of this have a short memory about passing judgement. People in glass houses...

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Coach Hurley's stock is through the roof as far as I am concerned. This guy does it all and I love it. Apparently what he said was, "If you reach over, he'll knock you out," meaning security or someone else. The team is walking behind him and he aint messin' around. Awesome!

Imagine a Creighton wannabe mocking a national champion, so damn cute

Reminds me of Pee Cee fans, proud of their "We Beat UConn" banners

We're chasing rings, they're chasing us

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Click the link to his December post in which he clearly states that he is a Syracuse fan. He has been on the BY since 2012 (we are far more willing to allow visitors, as many report being banned from syracusefan.com as quickly as their first trolling or negative post), and has posted ~250 times on MBB, WBB, Football, and maybe Conference Alignment forums.

My first thought was to Reply, "Who hurt you?" My noting the 1-2-3 punch of outrecruiting Syracuse after Hurley's arrival (after numerous losses beforehand) provided my answer.

It's trolling season, both within our community and from visitors who do not wish our program well. I have preferences this time of year as to whose losses give me pleasure, but I limit the places and audiences where I express myself. I definitely don't behave rudely in another fanbase's home.

I assume that there are many who would love to see UConn teams perform poorly. Such emotions accompany program success. We know how to handle & defend ourselves, and the coaches & players do as well. Stay focused & purposeful.

Partially on topic, on Saturday night before the Nova game, I'd like to see DePaul move up to a Big East 10th place tie with Georgetown.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Click the link to his December post in which he clearly states that he is a Syracuse fan. He has been on the BY since 2012 (we are far more willing to allow visitors, as many report being banned from syracusefan.com as quickly as their first trolling or negative post), and has posted ~250 times on MBB, WBB, Football, and maybe Conference Alignment forums.

My first thought was to Reply, "Who hurt you?" My noting the 1-2-3 punch of outrecruiting Syracuse after Hurley's arrival (after numerous losses beforehand) provided my answer.

It's trolling season, both within our community and from visitors who do not wish our program well. I have preferences this time of year as to whose losses give me pleasure, but I limit the places and audiences where I express myself. I definitely don't behave rudely in another fanbase's home.

I assume that there are many who would love to see UConn teams perform poorly. Such emotions accompany program success. We know how to handle & defend ourselves, and the coaches & players do as well. Stay focused & purposeful.

Partially on topic, on Saturday night before the Nova game, I'd like to see DePaul move up to a Big East 10th place tie with Georgetown.
Lol…my apologies, I skimmed the thread too quickly and hadn’t consumed my second cup of coffee yet. Thought you had some huge insider info and meant Danny came here after the Kansas and Seton Hall games to see the meltdowns. I’ll show myself out…

Reaction Score

Cliff hasn't posted since last year pre title run, or at least I haven't seen anything. Sometimes I wonder what happened to that guy

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if it's the times or what but I don't recall ever berating an opposing team's coach like the Creighton fans did. I haven't searched but maybe it started with PC and Cooley? John Thompson, Jim Boeheim, sure, we hated those guys, but they were coaches. They weren't playing the game and there was always a certain respect for head coaches. I get fans don't like Hurley, he's animated, he's different, he's successful. I gotta believe the folks at Creighton have to be 100% appalled watching the crowd dropping F-bombs at a college basketball game like that.
Back in the day UConn fans were pretty rough on Rollie - a couple fans got thrown out of gampel as I recall

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Lol…my apologies, I skimmed the thread too quickly and hadn’t consumed my second cup of coffee yet. Thought you had some huge insider info and meant Danny came here after the Kansas and Seton Hall games to see the meltdowns. I’ll show myself out…
All good.
Just keep living up to your handle.

Reaction Score
“Once you get to the arena floor, if folks wants to serenade me, if the student body wants to serenade me with ‘F Dan Hurley’ chants, if the university and the people there think that’s classy, then go for it. If fans want to honor the anthem there by several times screaming ‘F me,’ that’s the institution, that’s the arena, that’s the security,” Hurley said. “But I think the league though, to avoid me in a confrontational situation, should probably look at just the to-and-from part. A canopy, something, you shouldn’t have to walk through a tunnel of that multiple times and then also have people in the back as well, behind the curtain, that you’re dealing with as you’re walking out there.

“But my video, that’s how I felt walking out onto the court. I felt like Cersei – minus the spitting, I don’t think anyone was spitting – but that’s how I felt walking onto the court.

Alternate access:
UConn head coach Dan Hurley suggests changes after viral exchange with Creighton students

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
“Once you get to the arena floor, if folks wants to serenade me, if the student body wants to serenade me with ‘F Dan Hurley’ chants, if the university and the people there think that’s classy, then go for it. If fans want to honor the anthem there by several times screaming ‘F me,’ that’s the institution, that’s the arena, that’s the security,” Hurley said. “But I think the league though, to avoid me in a confrontational situation, should probably look at just the to-and-from part. A canopy, something, you shouldn’t have to walk through a tunnel of that multiple times and then also have people in the back as well, behind the curtain, that you’re dealing with as you’re walking out there.

“But my video, that’s how I felt walking out onto the court. I felt like Cersei – minus the spitting, I don’t think anyone was spitting – but that’s how I felt walking onto the court.

Alternate access:
UConn head coach Dan Hurley suggests changes after viral exchange with Creighton students
That is not at all the explanation I was expecting for that meme. And I really don't like it. It's thin-skinned and will lead to worse fan behavior for road games.

Reaction Score
Creighton seems to have habitually classless fans. I remember McDermott admonishing the fans during the post game presser for throwing trash at the Xavier bench following a loss.

Reaction Score
Creighton seems to have habitually classless fans. I remember McDermott admonishing the fans during the post game presser for throwing trash at the Xavier bench following a loss.
Would you want to go go to Creighton?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom