Hurley takes responsibility for poor second half start | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley takes responsibility for poor second half start

Reaction Score
Yes.

He’s going to be a fun player, kid has a motor, but a pg he is not.
Floyd won't be our point guard, and it isn't his primary position, but he was the starting point guard for Team Final in the championship game of the Peach Jam tournament, (ie at the biggest moment of the best high school tournament in the country when pg Justice Williams was DNP). He also had a standout game playing that game at that position. He could contribute at point guard if we are in a pinch due to injury or foul trouble. His game reminds me a bit of the power guard from Cincinati - (Cumberland?).

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Floyd won't be our point guard, and it isn't his primary position, but he was the starting point guard for Team Final in the championship game of the Peach Jam tournament, (ie at the biggest moment of the best high school tournament in the country when pg Justice Williams was DNP). He also had a standout game playing that game at that position. He could contribute at point guard if we are in a pinch due to injury or foul trouble. His game reminds me a bit of the power guard from Cincinati - (Cumberland?).
Cumberland to me is a really apt comparison. Let’s hope he’s as effective. But yeah that’s a great parallel. And Floyd was only 17 when he stepped on campus. Full season practicing against kids a lot older who will make tourney. I hope he is the glue guy Cumberland was.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
He probably realizes now that he's got to have at least one of Cole and/or Jackson in the game against a Big East press. At one point I looked around at the lineup on the floor and I literally asked "who is the ball handler?" Cole is supremely important to this team's success in terms of being not only a scorer but a leader. If Cole isn't in the game, Jackson has to be in the game because he's the only other fairly confident ball handler. That was a dreadful stretch after such a fantastic first half.

Speaking of the first half, it was a joy to watch Sanogo, Cole and Martin all play well at the same time. That's a really strong trio.

Yup. Jackson is now our backup pg.

He has to be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom