HURLEY STAYS! | The Boneyard

HURLEY STAYS!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Hurley stays and Geno re-ups. It seems that the center of the college basketball universe will remain the center of the college basketball universe for quite a few more years to come. As it should be!
Of course, the dark cloud on this horizon is what happens with NIL and specifically with revenue sharing and direct "salary" payments to players in the major conferences.

I still think that major-conference schools will concentrate such payments on football and men's basketball to the extent that Title IX allows that, since that is where their return on investment lies. But even so, I think men's basketball at UConn will be more affected by these developments than WBB.

Reaction Score
Of course, the dark cloud on this horizon is what happens with NIL and specifically with revenue sharing and direct "salary" payments to players in the major conferences.

I still think that major-conference schools will concentrate such payments on football and men's basketball to the extent that Title IX allows that, since that is where their return on investment lies. But even so, I think men's basketball at UConn will be more affected by these developments than WBB.

If UConn didn't have assurances from boosters and corporate entities that NIL money will be available then Hurley would have left.
Another point to remember is that NIL may be new but payments to players or their representatives has been going on for many decades and was going on when UConn won titles.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
And for God's sake people, the Lakers are a shadow of what they once were. The old man passed on and the management has become the joke of the NBA. Just look at how many coaches they have had in the last decade or so. Their player trades and drafts have been nightmarish. Lebron James calls the shots and his antics on the court would have the boys in white coats coming for most of us. He's a free agent but he'll only go to a team that will take on his nonNBA material son. You know, the one that has a heart attack on the court. The only team dumb enough to do that is the Lakers I suspect. Their other fat salary star manages to play 62 games a year. It will take most of that offered 6 year contract to get a real team on the floor.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
And for God's sake people, the Lakers are a shadow of what they once were. The old man passed on and the management has become the joke of the NBA. Just look at how many coaches they have had in the last decade or so. Their player trades and drafts have been nightmarish. Lebron James calls the shots and his antics on the court would have the boys in white coats coming for most of us. He's a free agent but he'll only go to a team that will take on his nonNBA material son. You know, the one that has a heart attack on the court. The only team dumb enough to do that is the Lakers I suspect. Their other fat salary star manages to play 62 games a year. It will take most of that offered 6 year contract to get a real team on the floor.
Had you posted that earlier (i.e. when the Lakers' pursuit first came to light), it would have saved me (and probably a lot of other UConn fans) a lot of angst! LOL! ;)

Reaction Score
I love he spurned the Lakers couldn’t happen to a better team or player not gonna name names ..

Reactions: KCD

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Oh Yeah! That's what I'm talking about! Go Huskies! Three-peat!!!

Reaction Score
The UConn men's and women's teams are unique in that they do not even want players whose primary focus is NIL money. They want and get great players who know that UConn will make them into the best they can be, which will pay great dividends over the long run.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom