Hurley should start who he wants | The Boneyard

Hurley should start who he wants

Reaction Score
He is still figuring our some rotations and who to play together. With our options it's a good problem to have.

Just really nice to have a good first half and step on the pedal in the second half. Miami never really gave up. We just beat them.

Reaction Score
He is still figuring our some rotations and who to play together. With our options it's a good problem to have.

Just really nice to have a good first half and step on the pedal in the second half. Miami never really gave up. We just beat them.

He is starting who he wants. You think DH gives an F about what anyone else thinks?

Reaction Score
Gilbert, Vital, Bouknight, Akok, and Carlton looks like a killer lineup. 4 guys who can shoot (assuming Gilbert breaks out of his shooting slump), 3 guys who can penetrate and feed bigs or kick back out to said shooters. All 5 decent defenders for their position, Akok exceptional.

Polley off the bench when we need a bit more height at the 3 or maybe if they're in zone and then we can push Akok to the 5 and go 5 out. Badams when we need a stopper and some defensive energy. Gaffney slowly being integrated more and more as backup point. Sid for energy and offensive rebounding at the 4 or if we're facing an especially athletic opponent. Whaley backing up Carlton when he gets in foul trouble.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
AG Vital bouknight Akok Carlton. Very tuff lineup. I love it. Then gaffney, Adams, Polley, Sid , whalley off bench ? Wow. That’s solid. We may point to this weekend in Charleston as the turning point

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Gilbert, Vital, Bouknight, Akok, and Carlton looks like a killer lineup. 4 guys who can shoot (assuming Gilbert breaks out of his shooting slump), 3 guys who can penetrate and feed bigs or kick back out to said shooters. All 5 decent defenders for their position.

Polley off the bench when we need a bit more height at the 3 or maybe if they're in zone and then we can push Akok to the 5 and go 5 out. Badams when we need a stopper and some defensive energy. Gaffney slowly being integrated more and more as backup point. Sid for energy and offensive rebounding at the 4 or if we're facing an especially athletic opponent. Whaley backing up Carlton when he gets in foul trouble.
I don’t see how we can start JB at the 3 at his size.

Reaction Score

Wtf is this take honestly? You think Hurley is starting who the boneyard wants?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I thought I saw Miami give up. They looked demoralized and beaten down. And, yes, we did beat them pretty bad today.

Yep. Nothing I love more than taking another player's will to compete. JC was big on that too.

The U quit with about 5 min to go. And best part was UConn sensed it and put their foot on the accelerator.

Reaction Score
I thought I saw Miami give up. They looked demoralized and beaten down. And, yes, we did beat them pretty bad today.
Miami just didn’t look very good. Will be surprised to see them finish top 10 in the “best conference”

Reaction Score
is this take honestly? You think Hurley is starting who the boneyard wants?
No, the BY certainly does NOT agree with Hurley's starting line up.

The BY has also been very hard on AG. Hurley disagrees with that as well.

Reaction Score
Yep. Nothing I love more than taking another player's will to compete. JC was big on that too.

The U quit with about 5 min to go. And best part was UConn sensed it and put their foot on the accelerator.
THIS-last year & earlier this year Dan said we were too nice. Often his post games talked about us taking a lead and then letting them back into it.

watching us take their will to compete away& continue to push it was a nice sight to see

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm NOT talking to Hurley. I am responding to the knuckleheads on the BY. Geez Louise. Figure it out.
Too many casual interpreters.

Reaction Score
Looks like the second team has a little chemistry. A full substitution or almost could wear some opponents down quick.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

He may have already figured out a rotation. Looked great to me so far.

Reaction Score
I don’t see how we can start JB at the 3 at his size.

6'4" with plus wingspan is fine at the 3. You can play matchups if needed, but this particular lineup killed Miami today. 3's can't stay in front of Bouknight. Pretty much 0 college 3's can post up, so not really worried about that. Basically just concern about rebounding, and Polley is worse in that regard, so not much downside.

AAC 3s by height other than UConn:
Average - 6'5.6"
Median - 6'5"
Mode - 6'5"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member