Hurley should show the team the final 3 games of 2011 BE Tournament | The Boneyard

Hurley should show the team the final 3 games of 2011 BE Tournament

Reaction Score
My wife and I watched the quarter, semi and final of the 2011 BE Tournament the past three nights to get away from reality and it struck me how quickly we had forgotten how fast and strong and deep our teams once were, how relentless they were on defense and how well they ran the break. The passing, acrobatic shots, steals and dunks were a thing of beauty. Hard to think of the last three years' teams having as many great moments in their whole seasons as the 2011 team did in the BE Tournament.

The past few teams haven't had to face the endless lineup of opponents with great players UConn used to face night in and night out in the BE, so maybe the Coach should have the current team members watch those games and see firsthand what effort and selflessness it takes to win, especially as the nine seed in a league that put eleven teams in the NCAA tournament that year. If anyone doubts which league had the strongest lineup of teams in any year in history they're deluding themselves if they don't automatically think BE. That tournament has to be the best ever.

We had also forgotten the important minutes Donnell Beverly played and how we started three freshmen in some games. Lamb, Smith, Napier and Olander all made major contributions in one or more games and Giffey also gave some good minutes.

Oh, if we can get back there, how sweet it will be......................

Reaction Score
My wife and I watched the quarter, semi and final of the 2011 BE Tournament the past three nights to get away from reality and it struck me how quickly we had forgotten how fast and strong and deep our teams once were, how relentless they were on defense and how well they ran the break. The passing, acrobatic shots, steals and dunks were a thing of beauty. Hard to think of the last three years' teams having as many great moments in their whole seasons as the 2011 team did in the BE Tournament.

The past few teams haven't had to face the endless lineup of opponents with great players UConn used to face night in and night out in the BE, so maybe the Coach should have the current team members watch those games and see firsthand what effort and selflessness it takes to win, especially as the nine seed in a league that put eleven teams in the NCAA tournament that year. If anyone doubts which league had the strongest lineup of teams in any year in history they're deluding themselves if they don't automatically think BE. That tournament has to be the best ever.

We had also forgotten the important minutes Donnell Beverly played and how we started three freshmen in some games. Lamb, Smith, Napier and Olander all made major contributions in one or more games and Giffey also gave some good minutes.

Oh, if we can get back there, how sweet it will be.......
I am very impressed by your wife!

Reaction Score
I am very impressed by your wife!

Former UConn cheerleader and a great sports fan...........UConn, Yankees, Giants, and some Rangers, while we've both given up on the Knoosers. I lucked into a lifelong love that's all anyone could ask for! Loves cars too, so how great is that?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
:rolleyes: Back to back to back replays of 2011 UConn games is a niche taste. Perhaps you can give your righteous indignation a day off?
yeah, it is a niche taste. Weird that he was only impressed with his wife tho.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
yeah, it is a niche taste. Weird that he was only impressed with his wife tho.
Took this to be your meaning. Sarcasm does not go over the internet well.

Reaction Score
Former UConn cheerleader and a great sports fan......UConn, Yankees, Giants, and some Rangers, while we've both given up on the Knoosers. I lucked into a lifelong love that's all anyone could ask for! Loves cars too, so how great is that?
I’ve knew women who were huge fans however in most cases their husbands weren’t which i’ve Found as a very strange. Phenomenon.
It’s like AZ’s law of hot and cold people in marriage;
1. There are people who can tolerate or even love heat
2. There are people who can tolerate or even loathe cold.
Unfortunately rarely do two 1’s or two 2’s marry each other.
Making for an eternal conflict.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom