Hurley > Shaka | The Boneyard

Hurley > Shaka

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
Another ridiculous thread
Stop with this crazy crap about getting beat and out coached by experienced coaches
Is the Hurley's first HC job?
Is he getting paid inexperienced coach's pay?
Does he sound like he considers himself to be overwhelmed by coaching against any team UConn has faced?
Excuses, excuses Tommy Lloyd is a 1st year head coach and has his team in the top 10
I'd love to hear about any CEO in America who got a job to pay him $2 plus million dollars to lead a company in a business he has been affiliated with his entire career (having been the leader of other companies) and the BoD that selected said to each other, he'll learn how to do his job
Very critical after losing in Philly against Nova

Will you give him credit for beating an experienced head coach with a top 25 team twice this year?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I
Shaka went to a final 4 with an A10 team. Hurley has the potential, but let’s see him win in March first
Kevin Ollie won an NC with a team that struggled with consistency all year long. What is the final analysis on his coaching? Fact is outside of maybe John Wooden there are no flawless coaches. People might remember that Saint Jimmy had a few bust teams even after winning an NC. He had an NIT team nobody wanted to come see play. Hurley gets some silly criticism on this board. We play in a really tough, pretty well balanced league and nobody is guaranteed winning or can control whether or not a foul shot is made in a close game.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Shaka has been to a damn FF lmao. What is wrong with some people on this place.
You know he hasn't made it through the first weekend since, right??

Yes, I know he won an NIT. So, there is that.

Reaction Score
Watching Smart all I could think of was Doug Funnie.
latest

Reaction Score
We seem to have a favorable matchup against this version of Marquette. I'll take what I can get. Creighton owns us.

Reaction Score
Hurley is a better recruiter. Shaka is a better at coaching the game of basketball... by quite a bit.

Stop this nonsense and enjoy the great W
Hurley might be a better recruiter at UConn than Shaka will be at Marquette, but Shaka was a recruiting beast at Texas.

He had 16 top 75 recruits in 6 years with a couple top 10 recruits.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom