Hurley recruiting Jabri Abdur-Rahim as news breaks... | The Boneyard

Hurley recruiting Jabri Abdur-Rahim as news breaks...

Reaction Score
It’s one or the other right? They’re like the same player...
They have very different styles but play the same position. With Bouknight in the fold it's hard to imagine we get more than one.

Reaction Score
If Hurley could make him the captain of Team New Big East Narrative, that would be amazing.

Insane competition, though, so my hopes aren't up. Let's hope Hurley can work a miracle.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
They have very different styles but play the same position. With Bouknight in the fold it's hard to imagine we get more than one.
Wait how are their styles that much different? I’ve watched a bunch of tape on both and find them remarkably similar players.

Reaction Score

Some very encouraging quotes in there:

“For a top-50 guy like Jabri [Abdur-Rahim], that obviously makes UConn a totally different option,” said Blair Academy coach Joe Mantegna, who hosted the Mid-Atlantic Independent School Shootout that drew Hurley, Syracuse’s Jim Boeheim, Virginia’s Tony Bennett, Pitt’s Jeff Capel and Cal’s Mark Fox, along with a slew of high- and mid-major assistant coaches.

“The Big East has a lot of sway around here and obviously I know that that puts UConn back with the same company that they were always with,” Mantegna said. “And people our age think of UConn as a Big East school, and I think that changes everything for recruiting for Danny.”

Reaction Score
Hurley: Hi Jabri, We are back in the Big East and you can be the first class back

Jabri: Sign me up.

One can dream.
This but for 2021. NBA holds end of one-and-done off to 2022, UConn sells many northeast 5*s on welcoming UConn to the new conference and shutting down the one-and-done era. That's a dream

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Gotta love this young man's game.

Would love to see him in national flag blue in the garden for the conference tournament.

Reaction Score

Some very encouraging quotes in there:

“For a top-50 guy like Jabri [Abdur-Rahim], that obviously makes UConn a totally different option,” said Blair Academy coach Joe Mantegna, who hosted the Mid-Atlantic Independent School Shootout that drew Hurley, Syracuse’s Jim Boeheim, Virginia’s Tony Bennett, Pitt’s Jeff Capel and Cal’s Mark Fox, along with a slew of high- and mid-major assistant coaches.

“The Big East has a lot of sway around here and obviously I know that that puts UConn back with the same company that they were always with,” Mantegna said. “And people our age think of UConn as a Big East school, and I think that changes everything for recruiting for Danny.”

Wait Joe Mantegna is a basketball coach now? I could see kids wanting to run thru a brick wall for Fat Tony, so they don't get their legs broken

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom