Hurley quote from The Athletic on Bouknight | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hurley quote from The Athletic on Bouknight

Reaction Score
I don't even like the comparison tbh. He reminds me of Dwyane Wade. No not the superstar version in the NBA but the kid that developed into a heck of a player in his 2 years at Marquette. I really can't believe more people aren't making the comparison. Wade was bigger around 200lbs but the game was very similar. I know I'm not the only one old enough to remember DWade in college.

Comparisons are silly to begin with. But D Wade aint a good one. 1) he can't shoot 2) his playing style uses much more strength than bouk'a does. At this stage.

Reaction Score
Going to eight final fours and winning two means that you are winning 50% of your games in the Final Four -- i.e. against the best coaches of your day, you are holding your own. Dean Smith was superior to others in recruiting talent but only on par with the best coaches in the country in coaching the big game.

More remarkable is JC winning championships in 3 out of 4 trips to the Final Four, 7-1 winning record against the best coaches of his time coaching comparable talent. That's a mark of a great coach.
Comments are too myopic, it is easy to critique Smith in particular if you judge solely on titles. I'm big on being honest re: the inherent hypocrisy in the amateur 'student athlete' concept, nonetheless Dean Smith is for sure one that saw his job as a bit more than winning NCAA titles. Look at ACC wins, finishes, championships. Calhoun always emphasized you had to first be the best in your backyard, then win nationally. And the track record of UNC guys in the NBA after Carolina shouldn't be used against Smith, as much as he was trying to win he was equally if not more developing players/men. Calhoun did the same.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I noticed them running the 'circ;e' for Polley. He hit it too. So, that is another option that we didn't have last year. Give DH a ton of credit as all of the returning players have noticeably improved their games, to a man.
He did and hit it consistently even though he seemed to still be moving laterally when he fired them. Props to him for being able to knock them down.

Reaction Score
I feel like what i'm seeing from this kid (just a certain it) already is what I had been waiting all those years to see from Jalen Adams. This kid has it from day one. Looking forward to seeing how he develops and improves over time. Exciting times!

Reaction Score
Comparisons are silly to begin with. But D Wade aint a good one. 1) he can't shoot 2) his playing style uses much more strength than bouk'a does. At this stage.
He might be a better shooter than Wade but the way he attacks around the basket does remind me of Wade. Youre right though comparisons are a bit silly but entertaining.

Reaction Score
only need to run one play. Give James the ball. Get out of the way. Press after basket is made
That is KO iso-ball and the surest way to squander talent and lose games. PS- I know that’s not your intended point was.

Reaction Score
Before we crown BK king, we should be prepared for some ups and downs along the way. I can see some scintillating performances ahead, but there will be some dog nights too.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Before we crown BK king, we should be prepared for some ups and downs along the way. I can see some scintillating performances ahead, but there will be some dog nights too.
burger-king-mascot.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom