Hurley post game SHU | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hurley post game SHU

Reaction Score
All good except that as much as I really liked Martin, Karaban is already a better shooter and is probably going to be a better all around player by the time he takes off.
Different type player…but Martin was a really good player for us..possibly the best player on the team… and is in the nba now or Very close to being in it

Reaction Score
All good except that as much as I really liked Martin, Karaban is already a better shooter and is probably going to be a better all around player by the time he takes off.
I love Karaban to death, and I probably agree that he's a more pure shooter, but to put some respect on Martin, he shot 43% from 3 last year in addition to averaging 13.5/7.5. Guy was a dog.

The talk of the season was suppose to be how Hurley found guys that were upgrades and got his system. That’s why we had all those players leave. Which is why we can’t really have a disappointing March again to a lot of the more critical crowd.
To be fair to Hurley, I think there's a couple counterpoints to this. Firstly, we have a top 5 recruiting class coming in. I think it's hard to say this roster is full of "his guys" when the plan has been to build around Castle since his commitment. Secondly, I think everybody thought we'd get a lot more consistency out of Newton and Alleyne especially. Luckily, both those guys generally seem to be trending upwards over the last few weeks so all we can do is wait and see

Reaction Score
I love Karaban to death, and I probably agree that he's a more pure shooter, but to put some respect on Martin, he shot 43% from 3 last year in addition to averaging 13.5/7.5. Guy was a dog.

To be fair to Hurley, I think there's a couple counterpoints to this. Firstly, we have a top 5 recruiting class coming in. I think it's hard to say this roster is full of "his guys" when the plan has been to build around Castle since his commitment. Secondly, I think everybody thought we'd get a lot more consistency out of Newton and Alleyne especially. Luckily, both those guys generally seem to be trending upwards over the last few weeks so all we can do is wait and see
Alleyne specifically is a very confusing one. He has a major 3 year sample size of play against quality ACC opposition in which he shot 39% from the field and from deep. The regression to 32/28% so far this year is hard to explain.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom