Hurley post game national title | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley post game national title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just can't see him going to Kentucky even if they offer him $12m/yr. The last thing he wants to deal with is Kentucky fans and boosters. It's a total distraction and can't be good for anyone's mental health.
Agreed. It isn't the job it used to be. They will want immediate gratification and I don't think there's anyone out there that could deliver what they want fast enough.

If Hurley was all about the money, he would have taken Pitt's $4M offer over our $2.75M. He's a builder. He's built or rebuilt programs. Now he wants to build a dynasty. I'm good with that. :cool:

Reaction Score
Part of what makes Hurley just a perfect fit is he understands and appreciates what UConn basketball means. Absolutely love the respect he gives Coach Calhoun and all the past UConn greats. Hurley gets it. Future legend!
*Living Legend

Reaction Score
Great pic! One coaching legend and another on in the making.

436199598_821720799983039_2576501477014801879_n.jpg

Reaction Score
His on floor interview when he said something about CT having "a lot of resources" with a raised eyebrow. He was basically saying that the State of CT is going to take care of him KU can pound sand.

Reaction Score
Hurley’s a Jersey guy. He’s Northeast and Big East. He wouldn’t fit into that Kentucky culture. The Squid never really did either. Hurley wouldn’t be comfortable there. Screw their deeper pockets and their SEC money. It would be a mistake on his part to leave for UK.

Hurley’s already got a good a thing going at UConn now than we could have imagined. He’s become the new king here - the Basketball Capital of the World. This fits him.

Reaction Score

I love this guy. He is living proof that even though they were an improved offensive team that offense can win you games but if you want championships you better be able to defend. I know that some have criticized Danny for his behaviors on occasion - not me. He has great passion and love for playing the game the right way. His players obviously love him. it is amazing what you can get from an athlete and a team in general with them knowing you love them and playing to your personal strengths. I freely admit that I don't watch many other teams play but I will miss 0 UCONN games. The intensity, the focus, and single minded purpose to maximize every possession whether it's on offense or defense is what separates the best from the very good. UCONN bb - both men's and women's is a blessing for all of New England.

Reaction Score

At 56:30 Cam carries the Championship Trophy into the room and then places it on the table between Stephon & Tristen. These guys are just total class and respect.

Love Coach Dan Hurley!

I've never seen so many butt-hurt fans out there or maybe I've never read opposing message boards before. Plenty of coaches I didn't like but they took up about 0.00001% of my energy. Well, maybe Coach K and Boeheim, a little more. I don't really dislike them, just found them annoying. I see fans of opposing teams going on about how much they hate Hurley blah blah blah. It's just so bizarre. But hey, makes me love him even more. He's our psycho!!!

Reaction Score
At 56:30 Cam carries the Championship Trophy into the room and then places it on the table between Stephon & Tristen. These guys are just total class and respect.

Love Coach Dan Hurley!

I've never seen so many butt-hurt fans out there or maybe I've never read opposing message boards before. Plenty of coaches I didn't like but they took up about 0.00001% of my energy. Well, maybe Coach K and Boeheim, a little more. I don't really dislike them, just found them annoying. I see fans of opposing teams going on about how much they hate Hurley blah blah blah. It's just so bizarre. But hey, makes me love him even more. He's our psycho!!!
Cam is special, it's pretty clear he mentored Steph on and off the court this season and then there's the story Clingan told about Cam chewing him out for like three minutes on the sideline when Clingan got in early foul trouble against DePaul. Clingan said Cam went crazy on him but it was all to make Donovan a better player and to stress to him they need him on the court to win games. Guess what, Donovan cleaned up his early fouling issue after that.

Reaction Score
Cam is special, it's pretty clear he mentored Steph on and off the court this season and then there's the story Clingan told about Cam chewing him out for like three minutes on the sideline when Clingan got in early foul trouble against DePaul. Clingan said Cam went crazy on him but it was all to make Donovan a better player and to stress to him they need him on the court to win games. Guess what, Donovan cleaned up his early fouling issue after that.

That's such a cool story. Hope Cam comes back to join Hurley's coaching staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom