Hurley on our play last night | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley on our play last night

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

Sometimes a poster (me in this case) is so right that he deserves his own thread.

Would be hard to imagine how you could not have a lot of work to do at this point in the season: shortened practice schedule, freshmen and transfers

Also would've been true even if we kept up the early momentum in one game against UHart and beat them by 40...and these same posters who are crying would be talking about a Final 4 run

Reaction Score
Focus and leadership, sounds like HCRE2.0 with eye discipline and execution. How about coaching, offensive and defensive strategies and playing time decisions?

The guys are running around like chickens on defense because that's what you are asking them to do. 24 fouls against Hartford! Good thing Harford didn't shoot layups as well as they did foul shots. Did you see Central's shooting % against Army and their point total?

How are we hunting shots for Polley? Why have Cole as main ball handler when he is more a shooting/combo guard, he is not Kahlid, give the ball to Gaffney (start only one but give both starter minutes like Kemba/Bazz in 2011). What is the strategy for utilizing the foul line area vs. man to man and zone? Brendan Adams takes 7 shots and 4 threes? Where is Carlton? Can't have lineup with no Polley, Cole or Bouk out there.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Focus and leadership, sounds like HCRE2.0 with eye discipline and execution. How about coaching, offensive and defensive strategies and playing time decisions?

Just to be clear, Hurley = Randy Edsall in your mind?

Reaction Score
[

The guys are running around like chickens on defense because that's what you are asking them to do. 24 fouls against Hartford! Good thing Harford didn't shoot layups as well as they did foul shots. Did you see Central's shooting % against Army and their point total?

How are we hunting shots for Polley? Why have Cole as main ball handler when he is more a shooting/combo guard, he is not Kahlid, give the ball to Gaffney (start only one but give both starter minutes like Kemba/Bazz in 2011). What is the strategy for utilizing the foul line area vs. man to man and zone? Brendan Adams takes 7 shots and 4 threes? Where is Carlton? Can't have lineup with no Polley, Cole or Bouk out there.
DH is a great recruiter and motivator, but im not sold he is a great basketball tactician based on 2 years here. That could be due to limited personnel options in the past, but with a much deeper squad I would expect see some intention beyond play really hard. Hartford was a disorganized crap show

Reaction Score
Weren’t you saying our offense was unfixable no matter how much practice we put in, that it was the system not how effective we were at it

Reaction Score
We are two games in and have some things to fix. After winning both games and being in no danger of losing. #4 UVA lost, LOST, to USF who lost to UMass Lowell. Can we give this team some consistent practice time and time to get a bunch of new pieces in sync before too much analysis?
Completely agree. I dont start getting worked up till Mid january.

Reaction Score
We have a lot of players with some talent but I expect us to get smacked in the face soon. Hurley knows this. Different team in March.

Reaction Score
What Hurley calls "immaturity", I call "selfishness". Looks like half a dozen guys (poster child being Booknight) are auditioning for the NBA. There is no "I" in TEAM.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
UConn BB is at its best when it understands the line between imposing your will on an opponent (individually or collectively) and being pig headed about trying make a specific thing happen, such as driving the lane when it's cutoff or dribbling down the clock and hucking up a 3 because it would be something to snap about.

Imposing your will means to create an opportunity (offensively or defensively) and then taking advantage of it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom