Hurley on Jackson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley on Jackson

Reaction Score
I loved his defense (for the most part... I think he missed at least one PnR switch that led to a pick and pop 3). His length was clearly bothering some of Seton Hall's players. They were dribbling and he'd get a fingernail on the ball and you could just see the Hall players confused. And he was in the passing lanes and first to the ball on a couple loose ones.
Jackson needs to get lower to the ground both on offense & defense- especially defense. His defensive stands is atrocious & is basically standing up playing defense- he got away with it because of his length yesterday but I would be shocked if that continued. This should come with coaching, practice, & experience & being in better overall shape. I do believe Hurley hit it on the head with bringing up the Dark Knight in the same sentence- over the next few weeks you want to put Jackson in situations where he is one of the guys on the court & not “the guy” in where you are counting on him to make you huge plays. I believe organically he will become the guy- but at this moment I don’t believe he is ready to take on that task consistently.

Reaction Score
Without looking I'll guess he's averaging 8 and 6, double figures 3 times
8 and 6 is correct. Good job! I was actually surprised to see he's scored double digits 5 times, with a season high 15 against Marquette. As I said, not terrible, but I was expecting more this season based off how he finished last season.

Last edited:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Almost got the impression he was just trying to not lose the game for the team before the injury. I think getting a few minutes with Bouk out might help him the most. He seemed in control and not afraid of the moment today on either end.

That 3 looked pretty good. If he ever becomes a competent shooter. MY GOD
He seems to have a great attitude from everything written about him. If that's true he certainly can be taught because shooting can be taught and then its a lot of practice. I bet he becomes more than competent just based on his attitude. Perhaps another Vital type player. I was really impressed with Gaffney today who put on quite a performance. Can't wait for Bouk and Akok to get back. That's an awfully bright future and really good incoming class as well.

Reaction Score
Well Adams and Cole are Huey recruits and seem to struggle too.
Adams was a low-rated recruit and the best Hurley could get on zero notice. That he's a contributing bench player is a testament to Hurley's coaching and eye for talent.

Reaction Score
Adams was a low-rated recruit and the best Hurley could get on zero notice. That he's a contributing bench player is a testament to Hurley's coaching and eye for talent.
Cole didn't have a big scoring game, but I thought he was pretty solid vs Seton Hall. Adams is a benefit when he plays smart and tries not to do too much. I expect we'll see more of the solid Adams when Bouk returns and if Jackson builds off of this last performance.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Jackson needs to get lower to the ground both on offense & defense- especially defense. His defensive stands is atrocious & is basically standing up playing defense- he got away with it because of his length yesterday but I would be shocked if that continued. This should come with coaching, practice, & experience & being in better overall shape. I do believe Hurley hit it on the head with bringing up the Dark Knight in the same sentence- over the next few weeks you want to put Jackson in situations where he is one of the guys on the court & not “the guy” in where you are counting on him to make you huge plays. I believe organically he will become the guy- but at this moment I don’t believe he is ready to take on that task consistently.
Yep. The feeling I get watching him is that he had poor coaching at Albany and City Rocks and we need to break some of his habits. Freak athlete that can make up for mistakes with pure ability. Very similar player as Stanley Robinson was coming in.

Reaction Score
I liked in game Andre recognized in a 2-3 minute span Adama had the hot hand and kept feeding him. Def has the smarts to go along with his out of this world athleticism.

Reaction Score
Agreed on stance. A couple times I noticed him going into the stance, which should not be something that's noteworthy when you're watching. it should be default and something you would normally just gloss over. But I'm sure he'll lock in on that once he gets more playing time.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Without looking I'll guess he's averaging 8 and 6, double figures 3 times
  • PTS
  • REB
  • AST
  • FG%
  • 3PT%
  • FT%
    46.2% (DOWN FROM 73.3% LAST YEAR)
  • BLOCKS