Hurley Offseason Media Availability | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley Offseason Media Availability

Reaction Score
Can someone please tell me what’s so “interesting” about the JB comments?
It’s like a relationship that you know is going to end but you keep holding out hope until it’s officially over. We know deep down he isn’t coming back, but quotes like that leave a glimmer of selfish hope for us diehard fans that love the kid. The true fans will be rooting for him hard in the nba next season and beyond. All the “fans” on here trashing him can go pound sand.

Reaction Score
It’s like a relationship that you know is going to end but you keep holding out hope until it’s officially over. We know deep down he isn’t coming back, but quotes like that leave a glimmer of selfish hope for us diehard fans that love the kid. The true fans will be rooting for him hard in the nba next season and beyond. All the “fans” on here trashing him can go pound sand.
This was so perfectly put. I wish I could like this a thousand times.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Bouk comment is interesting... still assume he is gone, but sounds like it’s not as easy of a choice as it was made out to be.

The Bouk comments are exactly what JC said about Bouk and what others, myself included, believe.

He isn't nearly as "NBA ready" as past UConn underclassmen, but he will be a high first round pick, and the new thinking is get kids out of college coaching, training and conditioning as quickly as possible and in to pro environments. Not saying I agree with it, but that is where we are.

Days of kids coming back to college to top off their potential draft position are gone.

Bouk should leave.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
How embarrassing. Imagine saying that to a recruit- "our new mantra is 40 mins....well...because we didn't show up to an NCAA tourney game"

Embarrassing? Maybe. But what's worse is putting out an embarrassing performance and not acknowledging it. As a fan, do I wish I had UConn games to watch this weekend? Absolutely. Did the team, coaches included, throw up a turtle turd last weekend? Yes.

But as a recruit, I want a coach who is willing to admit, he comes up short, makes an honest assessment and acknowledgement and uses it to get better.

Reaction Score
A little surprised Bouk hasn't announced his future plans for NBA already. If you're gone-why drag it out?

Reaction Score
What I liked best about this season wrap up with Coach Hurley was his repeated remarks about paying attention to what these other top coaches and programs are doing, and learning and improving on his own coaching methods and strategies, whether it be offensive sets and plays, or smaller things across the board that he can integrate "into his own game". That drive and desire to get better himself as a coach and program leader, translates into his efforts towards raising UConn men's basketball to an even higher level.

Dude is hungry to win, run one of the best programs, and be one of the top coaches.

Reaction Score

Alternate free access (Do I need to keep doing this or does everyone know how to do this now?):
For Dan Hurley, James Bouknight and the UConn men’s basketball team, memories of the season’s final losses will linger

Reaction Score

Alternate free access (Do I need to keep doing this or does everyone know how to do this now?):
For Dan Hurley, James Bouknight and the UConn men’s basketball team, memories of the season’s final losses will linger

I have absolutely no idea how to do it. I read that from the Courant website from my wife's office because I've used up my free reads on my work computer, so thanks.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Eagerly awaiting DH's Instagram game by game breakdowns.

happy kyle busch GIF by NASCAR on NBC

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
This is such a perfect explanation...that’s exactly how I feel. I think you just therapized me...

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Ok, because you asked and @BigErnMcCracken said he was appreciative for you providing the 'magic,' I'm going to review what I just did. It seems to have worked. If you'll confirm that it's as simple as that, then I'm good, and maybe BigErn (and others) can gain the confidence to give it a try. Definitely big thanks for all links thus far.

1) I opened a tab to www.outline.com

2) I clicked on the Courant link and got the subscriber pop-up, but simply Copied the URL for that page

3) I Pasted the Copied URL into the box on the Outline home page, and hit Enter (or whatever it's called) and got access to the Courant article.

@HooperScooper - Is it as easy as that?

If yes, @BigErnMcCracken -It's, as easy as that.

Reaction Score
I have absolutely no idea how to do it. I read that from the Courant website from my wife's office because I've used up my free reads on my work computer, so thanks.
O.K. I'll give you a quick free tutorial. Open the article on the Courant web site. Copy the url. Paste the url into the box on this website: Outline - Read & annotate without distractions. Click on Create Outline. The article will appear. Wala!

O.K. Hans Sprungfeld just did the same. You have 2 free tutors!

Reaction Score
Ok, because you asked and @BigErnMcCracken said he was appreciative for you providing the 'magic,' I'm going to review what I just did. It seems to have worked. If you'll confirm that it's as simple as that, then I'm good, and maybe BigErn (and others) can gain the confidence to give it a try. Definitely big thanks for all links thus far.

1) I opened a tab to www.outline.com

2) I clicked on the Courant link and got the subscriber pop-up, but simply Copied the URL for that page

3) I Pasted the Copied URL into the box on the Outline home page, and hit Enter (or whatever it's called) and got access to the Courant article.

@HooperScooper - Is it as easy as that?

If yes, @BigErnMcCracken -It's, as easy as that.
It is indeed that easy.

Reaction Score
How embarrassing. Imagine saying that to a recruit- "our new mantra is 40 mins....well...because we didn't show up to an NCAA tourney game"
An honest assessment is critical to fixing the issues....

Reaction Score

Keep doing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom