Hurley - Newton Kansas Postgame Presser | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley - Newton Kansas Postgame Presser

Reaction Score
When you think about it, our roster construction is damn near perfect. A team shooting well and pressuring us out of our offense like this has been our kryptonite in a lot of ways historically.

And the piece to fix it? Sitting on the bench.

With Castle and a healthy Spencer, we probably win this by 10+.

We'll be dangerous in March. We have very few weaknesses left.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Love that DH owned the slow start by essentially saying the game plan to start the game took the aggression out of them. Don't think we'll see much of that in the further.
I agree. Everyone will learn from this one, maybe most especially the coaches.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me the rift between Dan and Bryant ? I must have missed it
TIA
Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Basically, UConn was going to play an American East team and played UNH. Bryant wanted to schedule a local big name team (apparently UConn) and their head coach was butt hurt because the schedule for Bryant would have lined up with our Kansas game so it wouldn’t work. They ended up scheduling Brown instead. The Bryant coach made a shot implying UConn dodged them.

Bryant always looks for clout. Whether it’s by saying comments like this or offering a 5* player.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

Basically, UConn was going to play an American East team and played UNH. Bryant wanted to schedule a local big name team (apparently UConn) and their head coach was butt hurt because the schedule for Bryant would have lined up with our Kansas game so it wouldn’t work. They ended up scheduling Brown instead. The Bryant coach made a shot implying UConn dodged them.
They just need to have a sit down at Blackie’s and hash it out

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Bryant always looks for clout. Whether it’s by saying comments like this or offering a 5* player.

Honestly, I haven't responded to what the guy said and I wish everyone else would let it go. He got exactly what he was looking for: attention.

Reaction Score
Had a chance at the end playing our B game. We'll be a better team and healthier the next time we see them .Neutral court in March

Reaction Score
Yeah im not bothered much by the loss im really bothered by guys not showing up in a big game. Clingan and Karaban cannot be no shows if this team wants to have any shot at a repeat. Clingan better show out against UNC because hes facing another really good big. He could be hurting his draft stock if he doesnt show up against them. That being said Clingan did assert himself defensively in the sense that Dickenson didnt even attempt to take him down on the block. Karaban simply cannot guard.
I think you need to filter Donovan’s performance with his foot recovery. He’s not moving like last year yet. As for Cam, would he have sat out if Castle wasn’t out? Now he has two not one bad foot. What type of sneakers are our guys wearing?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Really the only concern after this game is something we are not going to talk about because it is bad mojo….but we are all thinking about it….so does that make it bad mojo if we don’t bring it up?

Reaction Score
When you think about it, our roster construction is damn near perfect. A team shooting well and pressuring us out of our offense like this has been our kryptonite in a lot of ways historically.

And the piece to fix it? Sitting on the bench.

With Castle and a healthy Spencer, we probably win this by 10+.

We'll be dangerous in March. We have very few weaknesses left.
Maybe, but to a “healthy” Spencer add a “healthy” Clingan and a “healthy” Castle. And what’s going on with Karaban’s hand/wrist?

Reaction Score
I think you need to filter Donovan’s performance with his foot recovery. He’s not moving like last year yet. As for Cam, would he have sat out if Castle wasn’t out? Now he has two not one bad foot. What type of sneakers are our guys wearing?
Yeah i do give DC some leeway but even then i think his performance was a bit disappointing. He left the game late got back in and on a miss he ran back and was one of the first guys back so it seems his foot isnt a big issue if at all.

Reaction Score
Yeah i do give DC some leeway but even then i think his performance was a bit disappointing. He left the game late got back in and on a miss he ran back and was one of the first guys back so it seems his foot isnt a big issue if at all.
DC also had that nice move on Hunter where he pivoted to the right and had a nice left hand made shot. The announcers complimented his footwork on that play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom