Hurley looking at AJax and Hawk to build on | The Boneyard

Hurley looking at AJax and Hawk to build on

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Interesting article. It must be me but my thought is next year needs to be about passing out of double and triple teams of Sanogo and finding more than one perimeter shooter who can make a shot. Sanogo will be automatic if played straight up

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Good read. I do hope the focus is just on good basketball with the weapons we have rather than trying to feed Sanogo.

This really is a good returning roster that needs about 2 more ball handlers.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This sounds like what I expect to see. Very much a tall Boat/Bazz scenario, with two guys who can facilitate shots for others or score themselves. Expect to see Andre and Tristen on/off the ball interchangeably. Nightmare for defenses. Hawk up to 187 is encouraging, he just wasn't strong enough on the ball last year. The guys are working on all the things we knew they needed to work on.

“I just love the way he fits in with Jordan and Andre,” Hurley said. “Andre has got this tremendous ability to facilitate. We need more scoring out of him. We need him to attack the rim more. We need him to become offensive-minded as a scorer. But it was important that the point guard that we brought in could facilitate, because we think Jordan’s got an explosive year ahead of him. But that point guard also needed to be able to score from all three levels because Andre is an unbelievable facilitator.”

Reaction Score
I like that Hurley's is publicly setting his expectations that next year's team will be better than this past years. The way he approached the first few seasons, I half expected him to talk about rebuilding our guard depth because of all the matriculation.

Reaction Score
I like that Hurley's is publicly setting his expectations that next year's team will be better than this past years. The way he approached the first few seasons, I half expected him to talk about rebuilding our guard depth because of all the matriculation.
I think our guard play should be about even with last year with potential to be better, I think our bigs should be about even with last year and I think our wings should be way better than last year... Add it all up and I do not see why we can't be a much better team

Reaction Score
I think our guard play should be about even with last year with potential to be better, I think our bigs should be about even with last year and I think our wings should be way better than last year... Add it all up and I do not see why we can't be a much better team
My expectation is the offensive scheme (assuming Hurley actually follows through with a four-out) will make our bigs much more effective. If they can scheme more space for Sanogo to work (hopefully along with improving his passing/decision making when doubled), he's going to be much better.

Reaction Score
This article is a couple days old. Might want to merge these comments into the other thread that the article was posted in.

https://www.the-boneyard.com/threads/why-key-for-uconn-men’s-basketball-team-is-andre-jackson-and-jordan-hawkins-reaching-their-potential-hearst.181070/

Reaction Score
I think our guard play should be about even with last year with potential to be better
i think it's already even.
newton for cole = even.
alleyne for martin= downgrade. but we make up the difference with a big leap from hawkins.
and we're bringing in someone else (castle? rudi? ramey?) that will make our G play significantly better.

Reaction Score
i think it's already even.
newton for cole = even.
alleyne for martin= downgrade. but we make up the difference with a big leap from hawkins.
and we're bringing in someone else (castle? rudi? ramey?) that will make our G play significantly better.
Newton is equal to a kid who just finished first team all big East?

Reaction Score
Let’s not kidd ourselves we are short two players. We definitely need another scorer and ball handler. AJax is a point forward, who can rebound, but he is not a point guard.
Castle would definitely help as would a quality experienced player from the portal. Still hearing rumors about an overseas player visiting this summer. .

Reaction Score
newton was second team all conference as a junior and cole made a huge leap from his junior to senior seasons. without improvement newton is already a top 3 PG in the BE along with bynum and posh.
Obviously the big east is a better conference than the AAC but it isnt nearly the gulf that Cole went through getting to the big east. Newton has played many many games against guys who would be considered top of the conference here. I think if he experiences a 10% drop in production he is still an excellent player for us

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom