Hurley in the Athletic | The Boneyard

Hurley in the Athletic

Reaction Score
Great article!

"I’m not a coffee drinker, so if I need a shot of adrenaline, I’ll go in and talk to Coach,’’ he says. “He’s not the guy you go to when you need a shoulder to cry on. He’s who I see when I need to be charged up. He’s not an ‘Oh, I’m so sorry.’ He’s more like, ‘Hey man, let’s go. This is UConn. Suck it up.’’’

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Good article, but pretty much the same talking points that have been in every Hurley article since he was hired.

I will be so glad once we can bury this "restoration" narrative, as if we're the only school to have this happen.

Reaction Score
The most interesting line to me of the whole thing: "what insiders have termed Ollie's disastrous running of the program." I wish she had a elaborated more, but no reputable source seems to want to outline what they've heard.

EDIT: Also O'Neil forgot about the addition of Yakwe and you can read the article for free if you download The Athletic app

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Good article, but pretty much the same talking points that have been in every Hurley article since he was hired.

I will be so glad once we can bury this "restoration" narrative, as if we're the only school to have this happen.
Agree but it is a useful narrative for the time being.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Great article!

"I’m not a coffee drinker, so if I need a shot of adrenaline, I’ll go in and talk to Coach,’’ he says. “He’s not the guy you go to when you need a shoulder to cry on. He’s who I see when I need to be charged up. He’s not an ‘Oh, I’m so sorry.’ He’s more like, ‘Hey man, let’s go. This is UConn. Suck it up.’’’
Who's quote is this?

C

Chief00

Calhoun.

Yep, LOL completely sounds like him. I love that Danny sees the value in tapping into this energy. It’s funny how the human mind can work and his predecessor saw this as a negative.

Last edited by a moderator:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The most interesting line to me of the whole thing: "what insiders have termed Ollie's disastrous running of the program." I wish she had a elaborated more, but no reputable source seems to want to outline what they've heard.

Probably reads the Yard.

CI7MKfnVAAA8Zat.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom