Hurley "I certainly won't be coaching in my 60's" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley "I certainly won't be coaching in my 60's"

Reaction Score
no problem. he'll win at least 2 more chips in the next 10 years. by then kimani will have good experience as a HC and we can hire him back.

Reaction Score
Well, that's at least 10 more seasons away. We have time to worry about that. Pay Kimani or Luke and keep them around to take over. I'm very confident Kimani would do just fine.
nah. Those guys deserve to be head coaches before then. When the time comes hire another guy, that fits here.

Reaction Score
Well I agree because I am about in the zone you mention. Would rather be swinging a club or on a boat but my wife says I ain’t ready for that……not sure how she is so certain..
All I saw was “swinging club”… no wonder your wife said not ready.

Reaction Score
Springsteen just gave an incredible show up here at the age of 73.

Saw him 3 decades ago at Giants Stadium. After the show he told me, I think I can do this for another 10 years or so.

Reaction Score
In his sixties I predict Dan will pivot into officiating, since he frequently expresses such a love for that aspect of the game.

Reaction Score
Springsteen just gave an incredible show up here at the age of 73.

Saw him 3 decades ago at Giants Stadium. After the show he told me, I think I can do this for another 10 years or so.
Pitino is 71 and says he wants to coach 10 more years. Easier said than done. Boeheim was like a coaching dinosaur at 77.

Reaction Score
No one knows what life will bring, that said this championship could spark a long run for us with Hurley. Jay Wright a young guy cashed in his chips so you never know.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised to be honest. When you see how hard he tries and how much energy he puts into this thing, it wouldn't shock me if there is burnout around that age for him. I definitely hope the job will get easier and easier for him from this point forward and he continues for a long time with us.
The world has changed post Covid and now he has an elusive title. Family matters more than ever and with the transfer portal the grind is 400 days a year.

Reaction Score
With nil, the transfer portal, and conference realignment, who knows what the college basketball landscape will look like in 10 years. I’m not optimistic

Reaction Score
Dan would do well as the color announcer on broadcasts but that means traveling all winter. Depends how long he stays as a head coach before deciding he needs a change.

Reaction Score
With all the aspects that come with leading a program like Uconn at the highest level this job is 365 days a year. The entire recruiting cycle (the planning, the scouting, the camps, the visits), everything that NIL brings and how to manage that, the scramble of the transfer portal (who stays/who goes, finding players to bring in). I could see being a head coach as a being a much shorter term position then in the past with the Izzo's K's Boeheim's of the world. Atleast those guys would get a break from the post-season into the summer recruiting cycle. The grind never stops and the burnout could come much quicker these days no matter how much you love the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom