Hurley finally took the shackles off | The Boneyard

Hurley finally took the shackles off

Reaction Score
Not many possessions where they held the ball for 25 seconds before figuring out what to do. Let the kids play. Worked out well today. 80 points. Hurley is pretty stubborn to change the way he plays but he usually does figure things out at some point.

Reaction Score
Hurley was fantastic today. Huge credit to him for finally figuring it out. This team is dangerous when they are out on the run. We're the most athletic, physical team in the big east and up until today we never played like it.

!!

Reaction Score
Last game I noted that we played like a 35+ rec league team. Finally Hurley realized these are monster athlete kids who can just do what they want. Great win!

Reaction Score
Niiice, no Carlton or Adams. Two guys who should probably only play when we are in foul trouble. Akok is back baby! He looked good out there. This is what I expected from Cole when I learned he was coming here and did research on him. Hopefully this win which looked like the guys were having fun makes Bouk wanna hurry back and set it off. I wanna go undefeated from here on out and I think it’s possible with the momentum from today and Akok and Bouk back. A few head scratchers from Gaffney but I like his contribution besides that everyone played well and they trusted each other. When we play like this and add Bouk, we can beat anyone.

Reaction Score
Basically, if Carlton or Adams see the floor, it’s because we’re losing.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Defense was terrible in the first 12 minutes or so but rebounded very nicely. A little lazy in the second half but overall great win

Reaction Score
Last game I noted that we played like a 35+ rec league team. Finally Hurley realized these are monster athlete kids who can just do what they want. Great win!
Great point! Like there's a forcefield and no one's allowed inside the 3 point line, much less the paint. Didn't see game today with my boys playing, can't wait to catch the replay!

Reaction Score
Now will Hurley keep this up? Big moment for him to step up to the next level of “almost halfway decent coaching”.
Can’t give him too much credit for stumbling to a conclusion that his strategy of slowing the game down with no scorers making last second contested shots wasn’t working. I’ll give him credit for at least reading the BY for some sage advice and taking it. His management of the last 2 minutes of the game was again really poor. Why he allows his team to get to the brink of panic and doesn’t use TOs to get organized and settled it beyond me. Hopefully he will keep the pedal to the metal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom