Hurley did a good job | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley did a good job

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Hurley doesn't need your approval. He's a great coach who has worked insanely hard to bring this program back and I respect the hell out of him for it. Good times coming.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why did Cinn not full court press us when we had no point guard on the court is beyond me

My guess is because we were still playing 3 guards and they need a slow pace. Anything that speeds the pace hurts them generally. They did trap him once and forced a turnover because everybody else went up court without reading the defense.

When we tried Vital at PG previously it was a disaster, but I think Hurley has learned that if he's going to do that, we need two other guards. In this case, having Adams over Polley makes a big difference.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The CV chuck wasn't the play call. It was a Bouk switch/iso at the top. Cincy played it well, but the call was right.

This is one thing that really annoys me on this board. Hurley gets blamed for a number of things when really it's guys who don't/can't execute.

Not being a Hurley apologist, just stating what is. I often get annoyed at his rotations, etc

Reaction Score
Hurley doesn't need your approval. He's a great coach who has worked insanely hard to bring this program back and I respect the hell out of him for it. Good times coming.
I beg to differ, I spoke to Coach Hurley and upon receiving the BY stamp of approval he is able to finally sleep through the night.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Its a good post OP .

I thought it was Hurleys best coached game.

I thought his use of Bouk at the virtual point with Vital and Adams as the other guards (meaning our 2 "true "points Gaffney and Gilbert on the bench!) was a fantastic game adjustment especially defensively. Switching Adams (who is big and strong enough) and Vital ( who can get in your jock) on Cumberland was a huge difference maker.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom