Hurley Creighton Postgame Presser - 2/11 | The Boneyard

Hurley Creighton Postgame Presser - 2/11

Reaction Score
Didn't see anyone post this yet. I wish someone would ask about the teams weakness of making bad decisions on fast break opportunities. Seems to be costing us an easy bucket or two a game. Often times not making the easy pass, sometimes overpassing, or even going for an alley oop when a bounce pass/layup is the no brainer decision.

Reaction Score
Alexander hit 3 tough shots, us 0

Proud of the boys. Huh?, we scored 53 points.

They are smart and well coached, us not so much…

DH mad at Sanogo for not shooting more threes, AJ no comment

AJ should shoot more???? passed on a few???? DH is lost…

The crowd wore blue/white, they are into it, they make it hard…

This is complete BS post game

Reaction Score
Alexander hit 3 tough shots, us 0

Proud of the boys. Huh?, we scored 53 points.

They are smart and well coached, us not so much…

DH mad at Sanogo for not shooting more threes, AJ no comment

AJ should shoot more???? passed on a few???? DH is lost…

The crowd wore blue/white, they are into it, they make it hard…

This is complete BS post game
In another thread we talked about how crazy it is he wanted 10 threes from Sanogo to win the game. Finally listened to the full presser, his Jackson comments are probably even more troubling. He wishes Jackson didn't turn down some of his threes. It's clear he has no idea how to use Jackson on the offensive side of the ball and these comments are a tell that he isn't going to change things.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Lol I’m sorry I know I criticize Hurley a lot. But telling guys that they should’ve taken more threes is just such a lazy way to coach. Andre Jackson has no business being near a three point line. I guess he must think another summer of shooting a 1000 threes a day should fix his offensive woes?

Reaction Score
Where was the discussion about guard play and attacking to rim—no surprises we didn’t get anything from the line. Newton goes from a 3xD to a single basket? Sonago played well but 7 minutes from DC…you can see his frustration growing. Always the passive-aggressive stuff about how great the other teams crowd is. It was trouble from the tip, this team doesn’t win games played in the 50s

Reaction Score
Another annoying aspect of Hurley that you don’t hear from other coaches, he’s talked about our rankings, here he spoke about the next 5 games, and BET, etc. Most coaches don’t GAF about rankings and only focus on the next game, not weeks down the road. You start thinking about big picture and the future, you lose focus on the present. Coaching 101

Reaction Score
I hear him on being proud of the team…he is acknowledging them for playing hard on defense there obviously in a tough arena…on Sanogo, he meant the threes at the top..uncontested..where he shot faked and got nothing out if it…after making 2, he is saying he wouldn’t mind a couple more there where Kalk was sagged off him..…agree there since he made 2.

As for Jackson, he is saying to take a 3 in rhythm and uncontested…those are the ones he has made in the past…agree totally that 11 is too many but if he takes the right shots and limits his shots, I am ok with that. As far as practicing, I have heard the coaches need to work on his shooting…..you don’t think they work with him at practice? With his shot, he has some kind of flinch when he shoots sometimes….you can see it…almost like the yips in golf….so that is totally mental, it is not taking enough practice shots or coaching bit working with him.

Finally, the guy shoots 68% from the line….average for college basketball is low 70s so not that far off…so he can make 2 out of 3….which is surprising why is reluctant to take an open 15 footer…obviously it’s all mental for him…..to me, it’s not practicing more, it’s calming his mind when he shoots and having confidence…wonder if he has ever spoken with a sports psychologist?

My take….
Where was the discussion about guard play and attacking to rim—no surprises we didn’t get anything from the line. Newton goes from a 3xD to a single basket? Sonago played well but 7 minutes from DC…you can see his frustration growing. Always the passive-aggressive stuff about how great the other teams crowd is. It was trouble from the tip, this team doesn’t win games played in the 50s

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
In another thread we talked about how crazy it is he wanted 10 threes from Sanogo to win the game. Finally listened to the full presser, his Jackson comments are probably even more troubling. He wishes Jackson didn't turn down some of his threes. It's clear he has no idea how to use Jackson on the offensive side of the ball and these comments are a tell that he isn't going to change things.
Sounds like cause for celebration among Boneyard posters who would feel put out by changing their attitudes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom