Hurley confirms Hass is coming back | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hurley confirms Hass is coming back

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I always wondered why we are viewed as less 'fanatical' if we are being objective. Alex cannot TAKE a contested three, much less make one. That funky side delivery is way too easy to block (for players of his level that is). And while he improved his drives to the basket this past year, he can be had defensively if you contest the three. To wit, he wont even try the shot!! So it is not just that he slumped. We are talking about a guy whose only obvious NBA trait, as a 6'8" forward, is his outside shooting. This makes him a fallible prospect in my view. I don't know enough to know how to fix it. All I know is what my eyes have seen for two years now. And that's before we even talk about defending his position at the next level. The thought of him covering the mid level forwards at the next level does not bode well for him, much less the top NBA forwards.
I've watched several playoff games over the past week. I don't have stats on this, but from what I saw, I'd say only about 10% of the threes I've seen have been contested.

Reaction Score
I always wondered why we are viewed as less 'fanatical' if we are being objective. Alex cannot TAKE a contested three, much less make one. That funky side delivery is way too easy to block (for players of his level that is). And while he improved his drives to the basket this past year, he can be had defensively if you contest the three. To wit, he wont even try the shot!! So it is not just that he slumped. We are talking about a guy whose only obvious NBA trait, as a 6'8" forward, is his outside shooting. This makes him a fallible prospect in my view. I don't know enough to know how to fix it. All I know is what my eyes have seen for two years now. And that's before we even talk about defending his position at the next level. The thought of him covering the mid level forwards at the next level does not bode well for him, much less the top NBA forwards.
He is predicted #42 out of the first 58 picks in one prominent NBA . Doesn’t seem that close that he misses the second round. Alex did not force shots on UConn in Hurley’s offense looking for players with better shots but has the ability. We saw a game where he basically took over with off balance shots, drives, it was early in the season. He might be a role player but an NBA role player gets paid quite well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom