Hurley conference call | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley conference call

Reaction Score
Apologies to Donyell, but CCSU isn’t good enough to worry about being sharp.

UConn should be able to cover a 20+ point spread without breaking a sweat.

Reaction Score

a top 7??? who are we syracuse? we go 10 deep even without akok!

should only be 1 question mark with who's in the top 7 imo:
1. cole
2. gaff
3. bouk
4. martin
5. polley
6. whaley
7. adams/jackson/sanogo/carlton

Last edited:
Reaction Score
a top 7??? who are we syracuse? we go 10 deep even without akok!

should only be 1 question mark with who's in the top 7 imo:
1.cole
2. gaff
3. bouk
4. martin
5. polley
6. whaley
7. adams/jackson/sanogo/carlton

If one was going to whittle it down to seven players, the last spot would need to be a big, no? You've got the backcourt covered with Cole, Gaff and Bouk. The wing is covered between Bouk, Martin and Polley. Whaley is the only big on the list. I think #7 would have to be Carlton or Sanogo.

Having said all that, I think 8, probably 9 guys get meaningful minutes.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
So many potential high-risers. But I keep thinking Cole and Martin could be the keystones to this year's results.

Reaction Score
If one was going to whittle it down to seven players, the last spot would need to be a big, no?
agreed. and based on his comment about the lack of practice hurting the freshmen in particular, i'd go carlton over sanogo with the 7th spot for now. that means a starting lineup of cole/bouk/martin/polley/whaley with gaff and carlton off the bench.

Reaction Score
Me on this thread with game day upon us.
429FF5B5-03AA-43D8-87F7-8B1FF327F466.jpeg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Strange - I thought that Bouk was a shoo-in for this role - also thought Pork Chop may step in
To me - this is a huge concern
Yeah it's so early but someone should be showing these traits by now and apparently it isn't seen yet

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Strange - I thought that Bouk was a shoo-in for this role - also thought Pork Chop may step in
Yeah it's so early but someone should be showing these traits by now and apparently it isn't seen yet
Bouknight needs to be the one who gets the easy rebound starts the break, takes the contested shot late in the clock need be, etc. He really needs to take that role because I think the team is going to be looking to him to fill that role. Our upperclassmen are largely post players and transfers.

Reaction Score
Coach is baiting the team to step up & particularly Bouk.

This coach pays attention to key JC motivation points.

Cannot defend a chair. Anyone??

Reaction Score
Bouknight needs to be the one who gets the easy rebound starts the break, takes the contested shot late in the clock need be, etc. He really needs to take that role because I think the team is going to be looking to him to fill that role. Our upperclassmen are largely post players and transfers.
This team is made up of many quiet and introverted guys... Actions speak louder than words with them.. Walk the Walk vs Talk the Talk.. The CV personality trait of extroversion does not come naturally to them.. Leaders will emerge over the season.. Seeing Bouk/RJ/IW as the likely candidates..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom