Reaction Score

Attachments

• 3C5CC23A-D9A0-4961-8E44-5FF11B176878.jpeg
    3C5CC23A-D9A0-4961-8E44-5FF11B176878.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 237

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I thought Clingan was much taller and had blonde hair.

Gotta wake up in the morning, realize you wrote this, grab your sack, apologize and make amends somehow.
I'll match any donation you make. The BY is a forgiving place if you own your mistakes and they don't prove to be a pattern.

God help you if you decide to double down.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Clingan is huge. Definitely 6’10 at a minimum and only 16 so could easily hit 7’1-7’2. While I’m not into criticizing 16 year olds I’ll just say I was not impressed. He needs to go to a school where he’s not limited by the level of his teammates.

Reaction Score
From what I heard from a family member, Donovan has been under the weather and sick for last nights game. I had a couple people txting me during game, and both said he wasn't himself. Probably played less then half of game. Not being critical, but you saw him at his worst

Reaction Score
From what I heard from a family member, Donovan has been under the weather and sick for last nights game. I had a couple people txting me during game, and both said he wasn't himself. Probably played less then half of game. Not being critical, but you saw him at his worst

Makes sense actually. And yes not sure he played any of the 4th quarter. At one point East Catholic almost quadrupled Bristol in points. They also triple teamed him every time he touched the ball.

Reaction Score
Makes sense actually. And yes not sure he played any of the 4th quarter. At one point East Catholic almost quadrupled Bristol in points. They also triple teamed him every time he touched the ball.
Without Clingan, BCHS would be lucky to win 3 games.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Does East Catholic have any legitimate athletes to help UConn?

It's so odd that they are good. When I was at MHS we used to beat them handily, except football and hockey.

Reaction Score

I heard that here as well. They go to Windsor on Monday, so hopefully he's feeling a little better by then.

BCF

Reaction Score
I heard that here as well. They go to Windsor on Monday, so hopefully he's feeling a little better by then.

The windsor game will be worse. Clingan is the real deal but unfortunately Windsors guards and pressure will be too much for BC backcourt. As in the EC game it will be hard for Clingan to get the ball when and where he wants. As a result, when he does touch the ball it will be too far from the basket, he will be double/tripled team, and the only thing he can do is just pass it to someone else who hopefully can make shots. His coach doesnt really make any adjustments to help him either. He has done a good job helping him get this far. But at this point he needs to tell him I took you as far as I can but in order for you to get better you need to go prep. LEts win states this year but next year lets find you a better situation. Better coaching and the opportunity to play with and against other D1 players.

BCF

Reaction Score

The windsor game will be worse. Clingan is the real deal but unfortunately Windsors guards and pressure will be too much for BC backcourt. As in the EC game it will be hard for Clingan to get the ball when and where he wants. As a result, when he does touch the ball it will be too far from the basket, he will be double/tripled team, and the only thing he can do is just pass it to someone else who hopefully can make shots. His coach doesnt really make any adjustments to help him either. He has done a good job helping him get this far. But at this point he needs to tell him I took you as far as I can but in order for you to get better you need to go prep. LEts win states this year but next year lets find you a better situation. Better coaching and the opportunity to play with and against other D1 players.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
No. Their best player is going to Yale. Incredibly well coached team though. They are fun to watch.
Coaching life is wonderful in a league where you can recruit although recruiting is not allowed.

Reaction Score
Doing our due diligence so we don't let another Ryan Gomes situation happen. Not sure if this kid is good enough for the Hurley era of UConn but it's good that we are monitoring and showing interest. He has upside for sure.

Reaction Score
Gotta wake up in the morning, realize you wrote this, grab your sack, apologize and make amends somehow.
I'll match any donation you make. The BY is a forgiving place if you own your mistakes and they don't prove to be a pattern.

God help you if you decide to double down.

Now that you included the link to Special Olympics I understand what you're talking about but I had no idea who the two kids were in the photo with Hurley and Moore when I posted my comment about Clingan, and my comment should in no way be construed as criticism or ridicule of them.

If some here took it that way I apologize, but I'm not about to let you, who know nothing about me, sit in judgement and paint me as someone who is insensitive and uncaring.

I've served on the boards of directors, donated to and held board leadership positions in nearly two dozen not for profit community agencies during my lifetime, including many that supported Special Olympics and other programs for the developmentally challenged, so there's no way I would ever make a negative comment about someone because of the challenges they face in life. God knows we all have them.

My posts, like the one from yesterday about AG's leave from the team for example, speak for me.

Reaction Score
Now that you included the link to Special Olympics I understand what you're talking about but I had no idea who the two kids were in the photo with Hurley and Moore when I posted my comment about Clingan, and my comment should in no way be construed as criticism or ridicule of them.

If some here took it that way I apologize, but I'm not about to let you, who know nothing about me, sit in judgement and paint me as someone who is insensitive and uncaring.

I've served on the boards of directors, donated to and held board leadership positions in nearly two dozen not for profit community agencies during my lifetime, including many that supported Special Olympics and other programs for the developmentally challenged, so there's no way I would ever make a negative comment about someone because of the challenges they face in life. God knows we all have them.

My posts, like the one from yesterday about AG's leave from the team for example, speak for me.
I looked quickly and didn't realize they were Special Olympians. I thought you were making a joke about the big kid because he doesn't look like a basketball player but is really big.

Reaction Score
Absolutely right. Windsor has three guards who will all play at the next level and Smith is their coach. Even in average years Kenny Smith can lead his team to 15-5 seasons. Coaching does make a difference for sure at any level. Just never seen so many guards in my life not know how to play with Clingan offensively for Bristol Central? Granted most of the core of the team is all in 10th grade. But the guard play is not good enough when you think Clingan in the post is not open he is still open. Just pass the ball up high. The guards also don’t rotate the ball and have no forward thinking in terms of what to do next. Never seen so many mental mistakes and missed open shots in my life even against average teams in the CCC/CIAC. Kudos to Coach Reilly from East Catholic, he does recruit his team but I have seen better East Catholic teams in the past but he coaches them up so well and gets them to be fundamentally and defensively responsible for 32 mins.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom