Hurley’s next move | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hurley’s next move

Reaction Score
You don't bench the starters because of how they played the prior game. That sends the message that practice doesn't matter. Effort and output in practice determines starters and bench. If the game starts poorly and you need to send a message, fine. But not right off the bat.

correct me if I’m wrong but Hurley had a system in place this summer to track hustle points and Brendan Adams won and he doesn’t start. AG in particular is starting based on pedigree because the effort and results simply are not there

Reaction Score
I’d like to see them script the first plays to be open looks for Polley or Akok from 3

Yeah, I never liked opening the game by forcing a post up but every coach seems to love it. To me, it is just too predictable and one on one post ups don't lead to efficient shots.

Reaction Score
correct me if I’m wrong but Hurley had a system in place this summer to track hustle points and Brendan Adams won and he doesn’t start. AG in particular is starting based on pedigree because the effort and results simply are not there
You want Brendan Adams to be our starting point guard over Alterique because Brendan won a hustle award in the offseason?

This board is so strange.

Reaction Score
You want Brendan Adams to be our starting point guard over Alterique because Brendan won a hustle award in the offseason?

What has alterique shown your blue glasses that you think he should be the pg right now? Throw up bricks left and right and turn the ball over? For 5-7 minutes to start the game yes someone else should start and have AG come off the bench. Send a message.

Reaction Score
I understand what everyone is saying but all Polley can do is shoot the 3. But I guess for now - it’s all we got. So pissed bouknight not playing fir fla game.. Can’t wait till he becomes our starter

Reaction Score

Was his 25GP last year shooting 38% with a 1.5/1 assist to turnover not a big sample size enough for you? Then he rolls in this year looking absolutely good awful and you don’t think he needs a reality check from the head man with a benching to start the game. Your just as complacent. Shake things up.

Reaction Score
Bench Vital Gilbert and Polley til the first media timeout Sunday. IDGAF that it’s Florida. The team as it’s constructed now isn’t going anywhere. We’re building for next year two games in. The younger guys need to see this. Run the kid from Southington, Adams and sid. Hurley hems and haws like a god damn clown on the sideline and you fools take it as him being a hardarse. You assume behind closed doors he’s running the team to death after a loss like that. We have no idea if he does. bench the fcuck out of those three this weekend. JC wouldn’t put up with it. It’s your move Hurley - DO IT
Bench them all and forfeit every game until January. That will learn-em.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Whatever his next move was, the team didn't like it. At least I really hope they didn't.

Reaction Score
Or our guards need to realize they have a player on the court with them that is an elite 3 point shooter and find him when he’s open.

Polley should be taking 8 3’s a game, however Vital and Alterique are taking away from his shots.
This has happened constantly for the past two years. Polley open on the wing and CV and especially AG drive out of control to the hoop or chuck one up themselves. This is exactly what happened on the last play of the first half last night.

Reaction Score
I understand what everyone is saying but all Polley can do is shoot the 3. But I guess for now - it’s all we got. So pissed bouknight not playing fir fla game.. Can’t wait till he becomes our starter

Be pissed at Bouknight then.

I can’t either but Bouknight made his own bed.

Reaction Score
The energy in the building will not be what it was last night, but Florida cannot be allowed to score three straight times without being answered with a time out and a sub.
Or even 3 open looks. That’s how we used to roll.

Reaction Score
What has alterique shown your blue glasses that you think he should be the pg right now? Throw up bricks left and right and turn the ball over? For 5-7 minutes to start the game yes someone else should start and have AG come off the bench. Send a message.
The thing with messages today is those they are targeted towards know they are only messages. Rique still starting. So.... unless he gets in trouble it ain’t changing.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Amongst the many things that this team needs is a pass first point guard who plays tough D. Then everyone gets involved and we get defensive leadership. When Boat decided to play that role, looked what happened. Go back to Taliek Brown, KO, etc. Very successful teams because of team first point guards.

Reaction Score
Amongst the many things that this team needs is a pass first point guard who plays tough D. Then everyone gets involved and we get defensive leadership. When Boat decided to play that role, looked what happened. Go back to Taliek Brown, KO, etc. Very successful teams because of team first point guards.
Didn’t AG play really good on the ball D last year? I kno I keep saying this but how is it possible with him getting stronger over the summer - and a full summer to build and get better - that he has gotten worse? Hopefully these are just two bad games.

Reaction Score
Then he should be molded into that. If rique ever had an nba dream I’m sure he also realizes it’s as a facilitator.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
drinking with your wife right now
D6276CB2-6B1F-4A40-84EF-E6094C21E8A3.jpeg

Reaction Score
AG overpenetrates more than any guard I have ever seen, and it never seems to end well. His mindset going into every game should be to get double digits assists, not drive repeatedly into 2 guys a foot taller than him.

Somebody mentioned NBA aspirations in this thread. Huh?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom