Hurley’s next move | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hurley’s next move

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It's been 36 hours. I'm done criticizing the St. Joes game. I'm sure Hurley has addressed it and they have a plan for the guards going forward. I'm on to Florida.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
correct me if I’m wrong but Hurley had a system in place this summer to track hustle points and Brendan Adams won and he doesn’t start. AG in particular is starting based on pedigree because the effort and results simply are not there
I did say effort and output. I have no clue what happens in practice so I have no answer.
I was primarily responding to the idea of benching players from the outset based off the St Joe's game.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Every now and again there’s a post on here, like the OP, that reminds me how much older I must be than the kids who have taken over this board recently. Lots of entitled babies who must not have followed the team before 1999.

Reaction Score
After reading these post I get the feeling many posters want Hurley to use the quick hook like Calhoun. Of course those would prolly be the same posters who hated it during the Calhoun years.

Reaction Score
Every now and again there’s a post on here, like the OP, that reminds me how much older I must be than the kids who have taken over this board recently. Lots of entitled babies who must not have followed the team before 1999.

I was 9 years old in 1999 living in Connecticut. First year I began watching UCONN. Was lucky enough to witness their first national championship which is what inspired me to love basketball. My dad took me to watch them play ST John’s that year in the garden back when they were a top 25 team.

That summer I attended Jim Calhoun’s basketball camp and got to meet him in person. He said he liked my last name bc it’s Irish. I moved to the West Coast in 2001 but I will always be a die hard UCONN fan after those experiences and some others which I don’t have time mention.

My younger brother also got to a play a 2 on 2 game with Caron Butler in one of Calhouns camps. Special days i will always remember. But since i was a kid UConn was always one of the top teams in the country. These last few losing years have been frustrating and new to me as a fan of 20 years.

Reaction Score
The difference is that Vital and Gilbert are two of the only guys on our roster who know how to play basketball competitively. Without them, we would be a glorified version of Eastern Connecticut State University.
If that is the best we have we are in big trouble. Gilbert is out of control most of the time playing school yard ball. He needs to get pulled out once in awhile. I think Hurley is too soft.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
After reading these post I get the feeling many posters want Hurley to use the quick hook like Calhoun. Of course those would prolly be the same posters who hated it during the Calhoun years.
I don't think anyone like that he had to do it. Bottom line, however, is that it was pretty effective for the most part.

Reaction Score
Or our guards need to realize they have a player on the court with them that is an elite 3 point shooter and find him when he’s open.

Polley should be taking 8 3’s a game, however Vital and Alterique are taking away from his shots.
Who the hell is the elite 3 point shooter?! There is a big difference between shooting 3 pointers is all you can do and being elite at shooting 3 pointers.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This thread sucks. Worse than any of the players. Some awful takes in here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom